test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

love cfc

Ryan Bertrand

Started by love cfc,

1,459 posts in this topic

If he is not going to be part of Chelsea's first team after this long and all those loans we should have sold him! Surely we would have got a few million for him, England U21 international ect...

I have heard that Nottingham Forest wanted Bertrand or van Aanholt. Maybe it is good if he will get plenty of playing time.

I have heard that Nottingham Forest wanted Bertrand or van Aanholt. Maybe it is good if he will get plenty of playing time.

Playing time in the Cahmpionship is a given for him now, he will not move up a level with another loan there. I can't help but feel this is leading up to him being sold.

I just hope we don't sell him. Bertrand has a lot of potential to be a future England star, if we can keep hold of him we can show people we're still not this team, which everyone thinks has no youth system.

I just hope we don't sell him. Bertrand has a lot of potential to be a future England star, if we can keep hold of him we can show people we're still not this team, which everyone thinks has no youth system.

By the look of things Patrick Van Aanholt has got the nod over Ryan for first team chances. I guess being around last season really helped his cause as Carlo now knows him pretty well. It was always going to be one or the other..........

"There are two options, one is to extend and one is to buy him and I've made my recommendation," Davies said.

Sigh, another one bites the dust. Time to say goodbye to another youth prospect.

After the Stoch shock I don't have enough courage to follow our loanees.. I wish good luck to Ryan as everything suggests that he has no future with Chelsea.

As soon as Ryan went out on loan in the summer it was clear he was going to move on to another club for good before the start of next season. Shame that the club don't seem to see enough in him. They have basically picked Van Aanholt over him.

Ashley Cole isn't getting any younger. Personally as he is younger i would have let PVA go on loan to get more games and bring Bertrand in as he has tons of experience in the league now. And have PVA and Bertrand as our future left backs

Bertrand returned to Chelsea from his loan to Nottingham Forrest for the rest of the season. PvA is probably going on loan. Esk must be happy ^

Ashley Cole may finally get some rest, although with CA at the helm I have my doubts.

Bertrand returned to Chelsea from his loan to the rest of the season.

Where did you see that? Can't see it on the website?

Never mind, just looked on Twitter, he said it to CTV.

Yes Ryan said to CTV last night that he will be looking to get some games for Chelsea. I can only assume that Van Aanholt will go on loan because to have Ashley, PVA and Bertrand on board would do no good to either Ryan or Patrick. It would be brilliant to see Bertrand get some games because he is a quality left back with tons of league experience and we saw in Pre season that he can cut it in our first team. Fingers crossed he gets his chance.

i can fully agree with esk on that, i would go one further and would say, right now bertrand is the better choice, and if the development goes on like it did before, bertradn will bi 1st and pva 2nd choice, cause bertrand is as strong as pva offensively but defensively he is way way better, to me her more looks like an maicon whilest pva more like an ashley with less defensive abilitys...

Van Aanholt is a fantastic left back and has shown already he is ready for our first team. I would have no problem having him as our back up left back to Ashley. However Bertrand is equally top quality and i have always like him (as i have Van Aanholt) Ashley Cole is obviously getting older and i would love to see the club work it to make sure that these 2 young players are our future left backs. At the moment i would say give Bertrand some first team chances and let Van Aanholt have another loan move.

Aye, I don't mine PVA going out on loan if Ryan is indeed the back-up.

He's got more than 150 games of league football right?

Aye, I don't mine PVA going out on loan if Ryan is indeed the back-up.

He's got more than 150 games of league football right?

Yes he has, and a few games for Chelsea could encourage a Premiership club to come in for him on loan which would be the best next step for both Van Aanholt and Bertrand.

From the Sun :

The left-back, 21, has been shipped out on loan for the last five campaigns.

And despite being a regular for England Under-21s, he has yet to make his Blues debut.

However, after a spell with Nottingham Forest ended on January 3, Bertrand is hoping Carlo Ancelotti will pick him in his first team.

He said: "It feels good to know I am here for the next few months with the backing of the manager.

"He says it's good to see me here and I'm looking forward to it.

"The last time I played for Chelsea was in pre-season but it's a long time since I played a competitive one in the reserves."

Bertrand is making his return from injury and will spend the rest of the season with Chelsea.

He added: "I feel alright and it was good to get 45 minutes out there.

"The manager speaks to me a lot, he told me to play against West Ham on Wednesday and to get my fitness up so I can be in and around it.

"If I can keep doing well I might get a chance here or there.

"Over the past few years I feel I've developed well out on loan and it's been good for me.

"I just think now I've done what I had to do on loan and it's time to give it a go with Chelsea.

"I don't have any set targets but hopefully I will get some appearances and can be a part of the first team squad."