Ryan Bertrand

DavidEU

Thing is..

We've extended Van Aanholt's deal as it is. I think many of us were surprised to see him last season as it is (a delightful one, it must be said!). So I see one going on loan, and my prediction is Bertrand. I hope it's Van Aanholt, because Bertrand has more to offer us as Ashley's understudy than PvA would.

Thing is..

We've extended Van Aanholt's deal as it is. I think many of us were surprised to see him last season as it is (a delightful one, it must be said!). So I see one going on loan, and my prediction is Bertrand. I hope it's Van Aanholt, because Bertrand has more to offer us as Ashley's understudy than PvA would.

It does make sense. Bertrand understands the game a lot more than PvA does, which means he is more likely to push Ashley Cole for a place in the side. His cross which led to a goal against Birmingham City at the Bridge just shows you what he's really capable of. That's why we should keep him here.

And another thing. Kakuta signed a new deal at Chelsea some time ago, but that didn't stop him from making a loan move to Fulham to get some playing time!

I really though Bertrand's time with us was over after we sent him on loan again this season. The club surprised everyone when we brought him back and offered him the backup role to left-back ahead of Zhirkov, even got to put in a cross for Malouda - emulating the abilities of Cole.

It would be a real shame if we now sold him. An English u21 who can be the next Ashley Cole. Yet with the new contract signing with Patrick Van Aanholt, I fear that just may happen. Hope I'm wrong though, because a guy with over 150 league appearances to his name, deserves his chance.

Ryan Bertrand about Ashley Cole :

"It's a massive positive having him at Chelseaspacer.gif - and a massive hindrance too I suppose!" said Bertrand, who joined the Bluesspacer.gif aged 15.

"He's definitely right up there - his attitude, the way he goes about training. He's won the most FA Cups, and a lot of other silverware, and to still have that attitude at his age is fantastic."

"He's a fantastic role model, despite all the stuff that gets written about him. He's a brilliant man and a brilliant player to have around to help you with your game."

"If I ever have anything to ask him about a certain situation on the pitch, he's more than happy to come back and talk."

I'd rather he went out on loan but i could see him going to Swansea if they offered the right money. Its a horrible situation because he's a great up and coming player, and he has to compete with Ashley Cole who doesnt warrant to be dropped. Bertrand should be getting more football for Chelsea however. PVA should be here with Bertrand, and perhaps PVA could be used in a more attacking role. The boy does love to bomb forward haha :)

I'd rather he went out on loan but i could see him going to Swansea if they offered the right money. Its a horrible situation because he's a great up and coming player, and he has to compete with Ashley Cole who doesnt warrant to be dropped. Bertrand should be getting more football for Chelsea however. PVA should be here with Bertrand, and perhaps PVA could be used in a more attacking role. The boy does love to bomb forward haha :)

Well.. Ashley's showing a few little signs of slowing down. He played almost every game last season so I do hope he'll get more rest this coming season. That's why I think PvA should go on loan and Bertrand should stay as the understudy.

Well.. Ashley's showing a few little signs of slowing down. He played almost every game last season so I do hope he'll get more rest this coming season. That's why I think PvA should go on loan and Bertrand should stay as the understudy.

I would also prefer that option tbh, especially as you stated, PVA just got a new contract. Dont see why Ryan cant play all our league cup games tbh

I would also prefer that option tbh, especially as you stated, PVA just got a new contract. Dont see why Ryan cant play all our league cup games tbh

Well hopefully we'll make it further than the 3rd round so he can get the opportunity :lol: