Chelsea v West Ham

Jase

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the United game exposed Luiz's deficiencies as a defensive midfielder, but I don't think you could use that as a premise that the Luiz - Terry partnership is worse than the Luiz - Cahill one.

Yes, I am aware that he was playing as a DM then and I wasn't using that as a premise for my point but rather an example of his unpredictability and potential indiscipline in a position. What he did against United in that position doesn't necessarily expose his deficiencies as a DM as we have seen him doing the same kind of thing at CB before. It's just a matter of getting his mindset right as Luiz has had solid and great games in both positions before and even if he were to mess something up at CB, at least with Cahill (despite making his own kind of mistakes), he has the physical and athleticism to mop things up. Terry is obviously still performing but don't think he necessarily has that and I think he would prefer someone solid and dependable at CB with him and not doing something silly.

Yes, I am aware that he was playing as a DM then and I wasn't using that as a premise for my point but rather an example of his unpredictability and potential indiscipline in a position. What he did against United in that position doesn't necessarily expose his deficiencies as a DM as we have seen him doing the same kind of thing at CB before. It's just a matter of getting his mindset right as Luiz has had solid and great games in both positions before and even if he were to mess something up at CB, at least with Cahill (despite making his own kind of mistakes), he has the physical and athleticism to mop things up. Terry is obviously still performing but don't think he necessarily has that and I think he would prefer someone solid and dependable at CB with him and not doing something silly.

Which is all fair enough, but that still doesn't prove that Luiz - Cahill is better than Luiz - Terry.

The latter have had far more good games as a partnership than the former, that's my point. There have been plenty of games where the Luiz - Cahill partnership has been absolutely dire, not sure you can say the same about Luiz - Terry.

Which is all fair enough, but that still doesn't prove that Luiz - Cahill is better than Luiz - Terry.

The latter have had far more good games as a partnership than the former, that's my point. There have been plenty of games where the Luiz - Cahill partnership has been absolutely dire, not sure you can say the same about Luiz - Terry.

Each to their own I guess. Just not totally convinced by it.

And returning to the main point, best to just stick with Cahill-Terry at CB for this one as they have been doing well (better CB partnership than others)..

Press Conference Notes:

Jose Mourinho has toasted the journalists present with a glass of champagne to celebrate his birthday. #CFC

Mourinho: 'The chance of champagne in the future is good, but not his season.' #CFC

Jose: 'I see a difficult match against West Ham. New players, fewer injuries, time to work & rest after a difficult Christmas period.' #CFC

Jose: 'We are improving and playing well. The win against Stoke was quality with the whole team performing well.' #CFC

Jose: 'We have to try to keep our good form going & let things happen naturally. Our main objective this season is to build a team.' #CFC

Jose: 'We need to play against City with something to play for, not 10 points behind, and we should be 1 or 2 points from them.' #CFC

Mourinho says he is happy with how the January transfer window has gone for the club and for the balance of the team. #CFC

Jose: 'We know Matic and Salah can not play in the Champions League but our priority this season is the future of our team.' #CFC

Mourinho says his team selection tomorrow will not be influenced at all by the Man City game next Monday. #CFC

Mourinho reports that Torres is recovering well and is expected to be out for another couple of weeks. #CFC

Mourinho also says Marco van Ginkel could be playing for our Under-21 side by the end of March or beginning of April. #CFC

Mourinho says he has exactly the number of players that he wants at the moment. #CFC

Jose: 'We are doing well as a club and doing well in preparing for the next step.' #CFC

Mourinho: 'Eto'o is very comfortable and we have a very trusting relationship. He feels good, feels happy. He is enjoying it.' #CFC

This has to be 3 points guaranteed anything less than 3 points will be devastating.

Although Mourinho diddn't say he has the City game in mind..But I think that a more important game and we should rest some players just so the team can have full energy for that clash, even though the game is on Monday. That should give us enough time to rest!