Chelsea v West Ham

Jase

I dont think he had a particularly good game, but even that is better than what Torres gives 90 percent off the time. You are right he does sometimes hold on for it longer than he should but even that beats turning it over and setting the oppo up for a counter attack.
Before the Liverpool match remaisoftheday posted turnover count which was Eto'o 8 Torres 19, if iwas a betting man i wouldn't say that gap has closed much.
Yes Torres has scored some vital goals but so did Kalou, Sheva, Kezman and incidently so has Eto'o.

Way i look upon it , Torres always gives 100% even if he's having a shit game , Eto'o doesn't give a shit about Chelsea , he is here to bump up his retirement package even more! so i'd always pick Nando.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eto'o has had one Great game since he got here, against utd , of which 1 goal was a deflection , which was probably going to be saved comfortably , and one was a goal line scramble!

:lol: It's obvious that you love Torres but if you want to get all petty and analyze ifs and buts in the goals of Eto'o, then that is rather pathetic. One could pretty much do the same with Torres's goals as well...

Way i look upon it , Torres always gives 100% even if he's having a shit game , Eto'o doesn't give a shit about Chelsea , he is here to bump up his retirement package even more! so i'd always pick Nando.

No he doesn't, Torres has many lazy games and when he does he makes Berbatov look like a workhorse.

:lol: It's obvious that you love Torres but if you want to get all petty and analyze ifs and buts in the goals of Eto'o, then that is rather pathetic. One could pretty much do the same with Torres's goals as well...

No way. You cant compare the error by Joe Hart and the rebound against Southhampton to Eto'os goals :o

I didn't bring torres into it , someone else did , my point was all about Eto'o but people always have to compare .

love it, mid-week matches!! some interesting matches already today, hopefully our closest contenders lose some points!Doesn't look too good for West Ham at the moment, but of course they will try their best to get even a point from the Bridge. if we continue to play like we have during the recent weeks, this should not be a problem. BUT concentration is the key and you can't underestimate them!

by the way, they got Nocerino and Borriello on loan from Serie A. Do you guys think Allardyce is going to play them already against us?

Indeed and not to mention, the Luiz-Terry CB partnership is even more dodgy than the Luiz-Cahill one IMO.

Not true at all. Perhaps this season yeah because Luiz has been out of form but it was easily our best partnership because they compliment each other extremely well.

I didn't bring torres into it , someone else did , my point was all about Eto'o but people always have to compare .

Well true but as it is, it doesn't detract the point of you trying to be petty and going into the 'ifs' and 'buts' of the goals scored by Eto'o...

Not true at all. Perhaps this season yeah because Luiz has been out of form but it was easily our best partnership because they compliment each other extremely well.

Disagree and it's not just this season but the past 2 1/2 ever since Luiz arrived at the club. Despite Terry being in good form this season, he still has his own deficiencies and I'm not sure he appreciates a 'wild' defender like Luiz as a partner. It sounds cliche and mind, I'm not attacking Luiz here but we all saw what he did against United recently when he was going around mindlessly putting challenges in leaving the back 4 exposed.

Well true but as it is, it doesn't detract the point of you trying to be petty and going into the 'ifs' and 'buts' of the goals scored by Eto'o...

Disagree and it's not just this season but the past 2 1/2 ever since Luiz arrived at the club. Despite Terry being in good form this season, he still has his own deficiencies and I'm not sure he appreciates a 'wild' defender like Luiz as a partner. It sounds cliche and mind, I'm not attacking Luiz here but we all saw what he did against United recently when he was going around mindlessly putting challenges in leaving the back 4 exposed.

Yeah the United game exposed Luiz's deficiencies as a defensive midfielder, but I don't think you could use that as a premise that the Luiz - Terry partnership is worse than the Luiz - Cahill one.