Mohamed Salah

kobematabryant

I find it hard to believe that one of the top 'youngsters' in Europe is still playing in the Swiss league at 21 years of age.. Then again I know nigh nothing about him so I'm just gonna wait and see.

Xherdan Shaqiri was still playing in the Swiss league at 21 before moving to Bayern and he's been a great squad player for them. Salah was Shaqiri's replacement at Basel and from what I've heard he has been more impressive for them than Shaqiri so if Salah does as well for us as XS has done for Bayern I'd be happy. Mind you 21 is still very young in terms of football.

This is just pathetic.. I don't even bother to post alot here only to read but this signing really pissed me off. This guy is average at best. Id rather let Marko Marin in the team than this player. Worst board of the century.

You sound like a plastic Manuer fan. How about you piss off and go follow them.

You sound like a plastic Manuer fan. How about you piss off and go follow them.

I don't know where your coming from with that but i saw enough Basel games to say this guy is nothing special or won't improve us. We paid 11m for someone who is at the same level as other players we have on load.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mourinho did buy him because Basel beat Chealse twice this season.

I don't know where your coming from with that but i saw enough Basel games to say this guy is nothing special or won't improve us. We paid 11m for someone who is at the same level as other players we have on load.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mourinho did buy him because Basel beat Chealse twice this season.

So you watched the team atop the league play against lower level teams who parked the bus the entire game? And expect to see an offensive masterpiece? Brilliant

Rumors abound that he doesn't really want to come here as he doesn't think he'll get playing time. That he's waiting for another club to match our offer so he doesn't get stuck on the bench for us.

Rumors abound that he doesn't really want to come here as he doesn't think he'll get playing time. That he's waiting for another club to match our offer so he doesn't get stuck on the bench for us.

Poor deluded scousers....................................

With both Mata and De Bruyne gone there will be plenty of playing time available to Salah. If he won't come I would doubt his ambition and confidence but it's probably just poor scousers trying to convince themselves they still got a chance.

Xherdan Shaqiri was still playing in the Swiss league at 21 before moving to Bayern and he's been a great squad player for them. Salah was Shaqiri's replacement at Basel and from what I've heard he has been more impressive for them than Shaqiri so if Salah does as well for us as XS has done for Bayern I'd be happy. Mind you 21 is still very young in terms of football.

If he's better than Shaqiri than he has to be some player as Shaqiri is one of the brightest talents in Europe imo (only a mere squad player because of his ridiculous competition at Bayern). But I have to say that I didn't get the impression of him being better the times I've seen him play, although admittedly that's not much.

Fanbase.

An argument that assumes people in general or in this case muslims rather follow players of their own religion, which at least where i live is rather irrelevant. I think nationality is more important. So signing an Indian, Indian, or US player would boast our fanbase even more. For the sporting perspective it is good to see our board has not considered that aspect so far as long as no actual player we need arises from there.