Mohamed Salah

kobematabryant

Atletico Madrid and Sunderland interested in the same player :lol: :lol:

FGS, we're not even in Jan yet and the utterly laughable rumors have started!

Di Marzio is actually v reliable. He's the only guy who I actually trust w transfer news, there's so many things he called right I could quote u on if you'd like

what about Antoine Griezmann!! he's like Salah style imo.

confirmation from dailymail :

• Italian giants are hopeful of wrapping up loan deal for Egyptian Salah
  • Sunderland and Atletico Madrid have also enquired about winger

Griezmann plays as a sort of second striker for them, while if they are interested in Salah it would be to replace Cerci as a back up winger, meaning he would be expected to fill in the roles of Turan and Koke which he really can't.

And the DM is hardly reliable. Very often they just recycle nonsense from the Sun, Daily Star...etc.

I still remember how good and effective he was in the games against Tottenham and ourselves in the Europa League and CL when Basel did decide to push up and press. His mobility and stamina made him a very key component to their pressing game along with Valentin Stocker which against Spurs in particular was very very effective. I don't think players like Salah don't particularly suit high pressing, I really think he like Oscar, Hazard, Schurrle, Costa, Willian etc are the sort of guys useful for pressing, very fast over 5 or 10 yards, lots of stamina etc.

But Atleti don't always press high. In fact, much more often they press in the middle of the park or even in their own half. So, it's less about speed and covering space and more about physicality and tactical and positional awareness. I just think that Salah would be a VERY obvious weak link in their current team.

Di Marzio is actually v reliable. He's the only guy who I actually trust w transfer news, there's so many things he called right I could quote u on if you'd like

I can tell all the ones he got wrong as well :P

Admittedly, Di Marzio has proved that he has connections with agents and players, but I still doubt that he'd be the first to know if an Egyptian is moving from an English club to a Spanish one!

I really don't care if he moves to Sunderland, Inter or Atletico, but I just can't believe the latter. My best guess is that the grain of truth in this rumor, if there is any, is that we've thrown Atleti's name in the mix to raise the negotiation price with Inter.

Griezmann plays as a sort of second striker for them, while if they are interested in Salah it would be to replace Cerci as a back up winger, meaning he would be expected to fill in the roles of Turan and Koke which he really can't.

And the DM is hardly reliable. Very often they just recycle nonsense from the Sun, Daily Star...etc.

But Atleti don't always press high. In fact, much more often they press in the middle of the park or even in their own half. So, it's less about speed and covering space and more about physicality and tactical and positional awareness. I just think that Salah would be a VERY obvious weak link in their current team.

I can tell all the ones he got wrong as well :P

Admittedly, Di Marzio has proved that he has connections with agents and players, but I still doubt that he'd be the first to know if an Egyptian is moving from an English club to a Spanish one!

I really don't care if he moves to Sunderland, Inter or Atletico, but I just can't believe the latter. My best guess is that the grain of truth in this rumor, if there is any, is that we've thrown Atleti's name in the mix to raise the negotiation price with Inter.

Heh, fair points

Chelsea close in on £7.5m Andrej Kramaric deal, Inter Milan propose Mohamed Salah loan

• Chelsea are hoping to conclude a deal for Rijeka striker Andrej Kramaric
  • The Blues were outbid by Leicester but Kramaric has chosen the Bridge
  • Inter Milan have proposed an 18-month loan for Chelsea's Mohamed Salah

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2889947/Chelsea-close-7-5m-Andrej-Kramaric-deal-Schalke-express-Manchester-City-s-Matija-Nastasic.html

Chelsea close in on £7.5m Andrej Kramaric deal, Inter Milan propose Mohamed Salah loan

• Chelsea are hoping to conclude a deal for Rijeka striker Andrej Kramaric
  • The Blues were outbid by Leicester but Kramaric has chosen the Bridge
  • Inter Milan have proposed an 18-month loan for Chelsea's Mohamed Salah

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2889947/Chelsea-close-7-5m-Andrej-Kramaric-deal-Schalke-express-Manchester-City-s-Matija-Nastasic.html

He has an impressive strike rate...but still

queen_do_not_want_food.jpg

Like Salah and speed is always a valuable commodity, but I got the impression that he wasn't technical enough for Jose. Not sure a loan move really helps although in Serie A maybe he'll terrorize defenses because most defenders there are used to a slower pace.

Like Salah and speed is always a valuable commodity, but I got the impression that he wasn't technical enough for Jose. Not sure a loan move really helps although in Serie A maybe he'll terrorize defenses because most defenders there are used to a slower pace.

true,

but I'd rather have him playing in the PL because then he'll be forced to develop other areas of his game - cannot rely on pace that much.

I don't agree that all he has is pace. He's got great dribbling and ball control and his vision is underrated. He's great at spotting a pass.

But the problem is at the end of the day he he no end product right now.

I def like his playing style but if he can't add goals to his game, he'll have a hard time. Everytime he plays he gets into great positions but fucks it up.

If you don't have end product, you're not getting in ahead of Willian who is the greatest AM is the world without an end product.

I don't agree that all he has is pace. He's got great dribbling and ball control and his vision is underrated. He's great at spotting a pass.

But the problem is at the end of the day he he no end product right now.

I def like his playing style but if he can't add goals to his game, he'll have a hard time. Everytime he plays he gets into great positions but fucks it up.

If you don't have end product, you're not getting in ahead of Willian who is the greatest AM is the world without an end product.

I'm not sure how anyone can say he can't finish. His goal scoring stats as a winger could rival most. He is a player that needs to play week in and week out to get the most out of him.

Mohamed Salah continues to be a target for Serie A teams. As we reported earlier this week, the player's agent met with Chelsea on Monday, the London based club expressed their desire to avoid loaning out the player until they have found his eventual replacement first. Salah himself also attended the meeting to try to force his departure since he knows both Inter and Napoli are interesting in him. The parties will update each other next week, Salah will try once again to convince Chelsea to sell him. This is a complicated situation that Inter and Napoli are monitoring.

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calciomercato/chelsea-here-is-the-outcome-of-the-meeting-with-salahs-agent-inter-napoli-are-waiting/