Mohamed Salah

kobematabryant

You think so? What if he goes on a run of 5 games where he doesn't score or impact the game? meanwhile Torres scores goals as a sub in each of them, you still feel his place is safe? Its all about form, 1st choice only gets you the first look not the day in day out role

if costa didnt make difference i think we will have same last season problem, however i have good feeling about torres when fabregas joined us, they played toghter for 8 years at national team so i guess they understand eachothers....i guess we will find out.

if costa didnt make difference i think we will have same last season problem, however i have good feeling about torres when fabregas joined us, they played toghter for 8 years at national team so i guess they understand eachothers....i guess we will find out.

We're speaking hypothetically. I have every belief Costa will succeed but I'm not dumb enough to think his position is guaranteed. Jose Mourinho is a results driven manager, those who deliver the goods will have no problem with him

What you are saying makes sense.. i guess I am thinking too much at the lower-level where I had experience where every player who wants to play really pushes themselves so the coach/trainer can see, and its evident this is not the case in professional, top tier football with established line-ups.. Apologies

Stop being so Canadian. :) There is no need to apologize! Your post was not offensive or anything. We just disagree and that's just fine!

@Chelsea Legend 11- De Bruyne didn't start the first game because he was brilliant in pre-season, he started the first game because Chelsea hadn't bought Willian yet and Mata wasn't back to match fitness.Once those two things happened, De Bruyne was never going to play regularly. He played 1 game, sat a game, and then never saw regular action again. De Bruyne didn't deserve to play regularly (the players ahead of him were better or better suited for the system), but plenty of players had much longer spells of playing poorly and still played regularly (Ramires, Oscar, Willian, Lampard, Etc...) If the pre-season mattered at all, KDB would have been a regular player for Chelsea for a lot longer than 2/3 games.

http://cairodar.com/?p=86399

this is an old statement from salah's father in 2013 when salah was playing at FC Bazel, he said that his son was playing in front of the champion of Israel when he was fasting, despite his advice to him the necessity of breakfast becasue he has a mission but he insisted on his decision and he was fasting last night and even tonight.... that was in
Champion league! , how about pre seasons..!

I agree with that, but that still doesn't mean you can say KDB was given every opportunity to succeed here. His opportunities were scarce, as it is at most big clubs to begin with anyway.

his problem was never in the pitch though and that's why I disagree with you.

José was really disappointed with him in training. Whether the problem he saw was physical, commitment, motivation, character (more like weak/strong, not bad/good) we don't know, but that was what Mourinho said around Octorber-November or November-early December about de Bruyne. So if the problem was in the training sessions he was given as many opportunities as possible, as he trained here for a whole semester (even if he went to the Youth once). Maybe Mourinho even recognized that he could have good matches as he did against Hull, but that whatever he saw in training proved those matches wouldn't be often or that they weren't worth.

For a player to deserve a chance in the matches he has to prove his worth first in the training sessions. Normally 90% of the players do well in the training (of course, taking into account their own limitation/quality) and then they are given chances in the pitch to prove they can displace some other player. At least in Mourinho's eyes, Kdb failed in the first instance. It's hard to give a player a chance in the pitch if you don't like what you see during training sessions... Which is why Mata was given chances to play whereas KdB wasn't. Mourinho always praised Mata's effort in training and during matches. It was just he didn't fit the system based on what Mourinho had in mind.

IMO if KdB didn't fail in training, he'd take Schurrle position in the squad - especially because Schurrle went a period without playing because he was getting stronger physically - all more chances for KdB maybe even grab a first team spot (displacing either Willian or even Oscar when he went downhill from January on). So I think he was given chances if the reason why he didn't make it into the team was because he trained bad in whatever aspect. Spots in the team have to earned and the first place you earn them is in the training sessions. Kevin couldn't do it.

Stop being so Canadian. :) There is no need to apologize! Your post was not offensive or anything. We just disagree and that's just fine!

@Chelsea Legend 11- De Bruyne didn't start the first game because he was brilliant in pre-season, he started the first game because Chelsea hadn't bought Willian yet and Mata wasn't back to match fitness.Once those two things happened, De Bruyne was never going to play regularly. He played 1 game, sat a game, and then never saw regular action again. De Bruyne didn't deserve to play regularly (the players ahead of him were better or better suited for the system), but plenty of players had much longer spells of playing poorly and still played regularly (Ramires, Oscar, Willian, Lampard, Etc...) If the pre-season mattered at all, KDB would have been a regular player for Chelsea for a lot longer than 2/3 games.

Oh ya, Mata and match fitness.... LOL.

After signing with Chelsea how long did it take for Willian to make his debut?

De Bruyne was given loads of chances and didn't take any of them... He started against a shit team like Swindon and was invisible, played again against Arsenal and was even more disappointing. I don't know what you guys want do you want to win or play give guys million chances to play just so you can say you were right about them when the ball deflects off their chin into an empty net in a 3-0 game?

You need to take the opportunities that are presented to you, this isn't a midtable club who don't have 100's of options waiting for a chance to prove themselves.

José was really disappointed with him in training. Whether the problem he saw was physical, commitment, motivation, character (more like weak/strong, not bad/good) we don't know, but that was what Mourinho said around Octorber-November or November-early December about de Bruyne. So if the problem was in the training sessions he was given as many opportunities as possible, as he trained here for a whole semester (even if he went to the Youth once). Maybe Mourinho even recognized that he could have good matches as he did against Hull, but that whatever he saw in training proved those matches wouldn't be often or that they weren't worth.

I think a few of you forget how poor he was when given the chance! Did next to nothing against seriously weak opposition. Swindon???

For a player to deserve a chance in the matches he has to prove his worth first in the training sessions. Normally 90% of the players do well in the training (of course, taking into account their own limitation/quality) and then they are given chances in the pitch to prove they can displace some other player. At least in Mourinho's eyes, Kdb failed in the first instance. It's hard to give a player a chance in the pitch if you don't like what you see during training sessions... Which is why Mata was given chances to play whereas KdB wasn't. Mourinho always praised Mata's effort in training and during matches. It was just he didn't fit the system based on what Mourinho had in mind.

IMO if KdB didn't fail in training, he'd take Schurrle position in the squad - especially because Schurrle went a period without playing because he was getting stronger physically - all more chances for KdB maybe even grab a first team spot (displacing either Willian or even Oscar when he went downhill from January on). So I think he was given chances if the reason why he didn't make it into the team was because he trained bad in whatever aspect. Spots in the team have to earned and the first place you earn them is in the training sessions. Kevin couldn't do it.

i love your big huge massive comments always..i feel iam reading newspaper with every comment u post :clap::D

In the last 15 minutes of the last game

Some lenses have been spotted Assistant Mourinho Stand to mention Mohamed Salah date of his breakfast, carrying some of the juices to give the player the necessary energy to continue playing

66146-BtVQaVZCAAAxLdl.jpg

Same thing happened against Wycombe.

I fully agree with that - I was merely stating that the notion that he was given 'every opportunity' i.e. that he was given plenty of games is wrong because he wasn't. Whether that was due to him not impressing in training etc. is a different matter.

He was better today than in the other few games. He seemed more direct, had some good touches and used his right a bit more. His problem is that he's too left footed and doesn't mix it up enough. He's really quick and will get better.