Jase

Wonderful little player. Offensively he's, at least, no worse than Oscar. That would be a euphemism.

Watched their last game this weekend, absolutely brilliant performance by him. Scored a cracking goal, had some fantastic passes and assists, ran his socks off.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He would be great addition to our attack. Works for team, very productive, english, young. He would give good competition to Oscar who was piss poor in offense.

Certainly Lallana would fit better than Barkley, he is cheaper, more mature and better team player. Question is if we have the money to get striker, lb, CM and AM.

• 1 month later...

Doesn't make sense.

Hasn't he been strongly linked with Liverpool?

Edit: that article is from a month and a half ago. Haven't heard a peep about Lallana linked with us.

Looks to be on his way to Liverpool this summer.

Sort of a strange move, honestly. Don't think he's better than either Coutinho or Sterling and he's rumored to be costing them £20-25m. That's kind of a lot for a player who won't start every game.

Think he's a nice little player but not one who makes me worry about Liverpool or someone who improves them dramatically.

For Adam Lallana, he should most definitely not join us or Liverpool. He's 25 and he's going to be expensive without a doubt, he's a player who's not going going to reach the heights of Xavi, Iniesta, Lampard, Gerrard.. But he's a great player without a doubt. He's ideal for a club like Man United who are deseperately short of quality midfield players and where he's guaranteed to play more than 30 games.

He's in the form of his career and should be consistently playing, it would be a great shame for England and for him to see a quality player like him on the bench.

I don't even think he's Chelsea quality anyways. Would be a squad player here and probably last in the pecking order behind all of our current crop of AM's. Decent player who's once more hyped up because he's English.

If/when he moves to Liverpool I think he'll show flashes of brilliance in certain matches but won't consistently start and won't consistently be top class. Just a very good option to have but not a game changer.

To me he's Oyvind Leonhardsen or Charlie Adam. Looks a star in a smaller team but put him in a stronger team and he's merely a good player.

Wouldn't go that far tbh, he's shown he can be quality against bigger sides which Adam would often just shy away from. But yeah he won't reach world-class heights but should definitely move a stage up from Southampton. United, Everton even Spurs are all viable options for him.

Wouldn't go that far tbh, he's shown he can be quality against bigger sides which Adam would often just shy away from. But yeah he won't reach world-class heights but should definitely move a stage up from Southampton. United, Everton even Spurs are all viable options for him.

United have Mata and Rooney who operate in that 10 role and are far better than Lallana. Everton probably couldn't afford him and Spurs....well fuck know's what Spurs will do. I rate Eriksen higher than him.

Lallana going to Liverpool is a bizarre one though. He's not a 'moneyball' purchase by any means. He's likely to be overpriced because he's had a great season and he's English and his value will only drop in all likelihood.

I think he's one of those players who is in the perfect situation at a club where the expectations are low and the team is built around him. He's a skilful, talented player but I don't think he's much more than that which is why he reminded me of Leonhardsen going from Wimbledon to Liverpool. Big fish in small pond goes to bigger pond and just disappears over the course of a couple of seasons.

I'll say it now - if he goes to Liverpool in the summer then in 2 years he'll either be on loan or sold to someone like Aston Villa.

United have Mata and Rooney who operate in that 10 role and are far better than Lallana. Everton probably couldn't afford him and Spurs....well fuck know's what Spurs will do. I rate Eriksen higher than him.

Lallana going to Liverpool is a bizarre one though. He's not a 'moneyball' purchase by any means. He's likely to be overpriced because he's had a great season and he's English and his value will only drop in all likelihood.

I think he's one of those players who is in the perfect situation at a club where the expectations are low and the team is built around him. He's a skilful, talented player but I don't think he's much more than that which is why he reminded me of Leonhardsen going from Wimbledon to Liverpool. Big fish in small pond goes to bigger pond and just disappears over the course of a couple of seasons.

I'll say it now - if he goes to Liverpool in the summer then in 2 years he'll either be on loan or sold to someone like Aston Villa.

Yeah definitely agree Liverpool isn't a good choice for him, signings like that just remind me of Kenny Dalglish spending for the sake of buying English.. if Rogers goes down that road there's no coming back.

It's tricky for Lallana because he'll obviously want a move up, but his nationality and his club will inflate his fee so much that he'll end up moving for a sum over £20million and the pressures that come with that.. Well we know English players are fragile these days (hence my reservations of Shaw for £30m). He's probably better of staying at Southampton for a year, run down his value by taking a year off his contract and giving him a year to prove consistency.

These guys who have one brilliant season and move for big money frustrate me. Because we've seen time and time again, especially with your examples, they can't replicate their form. I respect people like Lars Bender, who recently said he wouldn't join Arsenal this summer because he feels he hasn't played well enough for Bayer to have such a move and he wants to stay and improve before making such a move.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You