Jase

Don't be alarmed as we have not been linked with him.

However, someone on Twitter brought up the idea that IF we were to sell Mata to Man United now (or maybe to someone else in the summer), perhaps we could get Lallana in to replace Mata?

He's a classy little player with good technical ability, workrate and passing (and not to mention, he's English). He can play behind the ST and also out wide. Thoughts?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't really replace the quality of Mata.

Of course not but that isn't the aim if we are looking now. If we bring in someone it has to be someone who is prepared to fight for a place IE Mata. There are very few players of Mata's quality who would be willing to be a squad player.

We would be looking for someone who can play the role Mata held but still bring something to the table when called upon.

They won't sell us Shaw and Lallana. Or better yet, it's wrong to take 2 of their best players lol.

But he's a good player, he and Jay Rodriguez have been pretty consistent this season.

He shouldn't move this January though, he's very close to England's WC squad and chilling on the bench at Chelsea could ruin that.

I really like him. He's also more of Jose's kind of player but would he want to come here at all? He'd much rather go to a club like Everton or Liverpool who are both reasonably big and can give him gametime

Southampton said that none of their players are leaving in Jan, so unless you want to pay over 30m, for him, I very much doubt it. Plus, he's doing so well because he is at Southampton and he is the star. Bring him to Chelsea and sit him on the bench and you kill his form and he turns into an average player just like what happened with Sinclair.

• 2 months later...

:lol:

That is rather random..

EDIT: Would be delighted if we really do get Lallana. Such a classy player and an underrated one at that. As for Shaw, doubt he'll even want to go to Madrid.

Laughed a lot at the top comment. No disrespect, but he is 26, what do we have to wait for? Oscar's inconsistency is pissing the hell out of me and Lallana will definitely step up when needed. With Schurlle, Salah and Lallana we have got a nice bench, with no big names, and potential people who will thrive on their chances. I'm sorry, but if we can sign this guy, I will fund it myself if I have to. I really like Soton's work with englishmen and this guy has been the top of the cake, along with Shaw, Chamber and Rodriguez. Next up is Ward-Prowse.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You