Mata exit rumours intensify again

Jase

We are in the midst of a transfer window and unsurprisingly, it is the time transfer rumours typically go bonkers. For the umpteenth time this season, Mata has been linked with a move away from the club and once again, Manchester United are reportedly keen to buy the Spanish attacking midfielder.

Jason Burt of the Telegraph broke the story last night that the current English Champions are closing in on the player with a £37 million bid. However, the supposed bid was quickly denied by sources at United very shortly after the initial story broke out, which made the whole situation rather amusing.

Of course, that is not to say the story does not have some leg to it even if this bid did not exist in the first place. United are in desperate need to add quality players into their squad - though Gary Neville has questioned the potential signing of Mata - and could eventually place a bid for him but one cannot imagine the club selling a top quality player like the Spaniard to a Premier League rival, even say for £37 million.

Manchester United may no longer be a title challenger or a threat to us this season but could well be once more in the upcoming seasons as they rebuild their squad and helping one of rivals in that process would be unthinkable without even mentioning the fact they did not want to sell Rooney to us last summer.

Mata’s frustration of his situation is well documented and it looks likely he may leave in the summer. However at this point, selling him would just leave the squad short in depth - having sold De Bruyne to Wolfsburg last week - with games coming thick and fast every 3-4 days especially if we progress far in the Champions League and FA Cup as we would need every player then with rotations, suspensions and injuries coming into play.

That is arguably one way of looking at the story if we are being paranoid, if you like, but on the other hand, this could just be another ‘cheap’ PR work from United. There were loads of negative press coverage surrounding David Moyes and his side following their dismal 3-1 defeat at Stamford Bridge on Sunday and what better way to make a positive spin to things by bidding for one of the best attacking midfielders in Europe to imply United are still ambitious and know what they are doing. After all, we know well enough that transfer business under Moyes has been absolutely horrendous.

On top of that, in that very same news written by Burt, he claimed Borussia Monchengladbach are title challengers in the Bundesliga this season when they have been nowhere near the top and are currently sitting 11 points behind 1st placed Bayern Munich. Moreover, this is also the same man who claimed Chelsea wanted to sign left back ‘Luis Enrique’ from Newcastle as opposed to ‘Jose Enrique’ when the former is a manager (at Celta Vigo right now) and Scott Parker three years ago with the club, in the end, came nowhere near of signing either one of them, let alone both. Knowing the way English media works, it just feels almost the stories are made up just as it goes along with Burt not having a clue of what is going on, never mind getting the facts wrong.

Either way, this story is bound to continue till the January transfer window closes next week and it is very unlikely for the club to sell Mata, at least not now anyway.

Click here to view article

Moreover, this is also the same man who claimed Chelsea wanted to sign left back ‘Luis Enrique’ from Newcastle as opposed to ‘Jose Enrique’ when the former is a manager (at Celta Vigo right now)

He didn't did he? Oh my god, how is he still in a job? He confused Jose Enrique for Luis Enrique? What a cunt.

Just read the rest of that article. Apparently we were monitoring some guy called Willian (twat can't even spell William right) and close to signing Romelu Lukaku (never heard of him). It's like he just makes stuff up.

We are crazy if we sell him to united for 37 mil.

It's it crazy to sell him for £37 million, or crazy to sell him to United?

To me this move just smacks of a desperation buy for United, with all due respect to Mata. They don't need him as a 10 (Rooney is productive when fit) and he's less effective on the wings. What they need is a midfielder like Pogba or Herrera. Mata would probably make them better but wouldn't fix the problems they've had for about 4 years now.

It's just out and out panic at OT, nothing more and nothing less. They are hoping anyone will do to keep the fans happy and onside.

What a fucking mess they are right now.

He didn't did he? Oh my god, how is he still in a job? He confused Jose Enrique for Luis Enrique? What a cunt.

Just read the rest of that article. Apparently we were monitoring some guy called Willian (twat can't even spell William right) and close to signing Romelu Lukaku (never heard of him). It's like he just makes stuff up.

:lol: Talk about being selective in what you want to read and interpret...

The best bit of business that Moyes can do is to go for that Rooney Mata swap- the only way he can get Mourinho to sell Mata to them.

He is gonna lose Rooney anyway since he is not keen on another United contract, might as well get Mata in the process. Make sense to us as well since we could use Rooney more than we could use Mata.

As much as I love Mata's talent, I don't see him getting back into our first team any time soon. I hate to see Mata not go to the WC when players like Negredo are sure to go.

It's it crazy to sell him for £37 million, or crazy to sell him to United?

To me this move just smacks of a desperation buy for United, with all due respect to Mata. They don't need him as a 10 (Rooney is productive when fit) and he's less effective on the wings. What they need is a midfielder like Pogba or Herrera. Mata would probably make them better but wouldn't fix the problems they've had for about 4 years now.

To sell him to united.

37 Million to some foreign team is fine. I don't particularly want him to go but, he clearly isn't in Jose's plans so we may as well cash in before his price drops to much.

But 37 Mil to a rival (May not be this season but they probably will next) is crazy imo. Mata, Rooney and RVP should score more than enough to see united into the top 4. So if we want to sell him to united, i would expect us to demand a fee slightly north of 50. They can't be the only ones wanting him.

:lol: Talk about being selective in what you want to read and interpret...

You mean like scouring a journalist's works and picking out what is nothing more than a typo (sorry, but for football followers of a certain age the first Enrique you think of is Luis) in an article which has plenty of correct predictions in it in order to discredit him?

To sell him to united.

37 Million to some foreign team is fine. I don't particularly want him to go but, he clearly isn't in Jose's plans so we may as well cash in before his price drops to much.

But 37 Mil to a rival (May not be this season but they probably will next) is crazy imo. Mata, Rooney and RVP should score more than enough to see united into the top 4. So if we want to sell him to united, i would expect us to demand a fee slightly north of 50. They can't be the only ones wanting him.

I tend to agree. We could let United tumble out of the CL this season, whereas adding Mata could get them into that spot. The City fans are quite vocal about us letting United 'die' by not selling them Mata, but I do tend to think their problems run deeper (and lie deeper) than a player who is most effective as a number 10. Rooney is productive this year when fit and RVP has had two seasons where he's made more than 30 league appearances. There's a good case that those last couple of years were an aberration and he's as injury-prone as a lot of people thought he was.

Let's be honest...we're all waiting for a French team to step in and buy Mata, no matter how much we love him. We're quite happy to let him sail off into obscurity, occasionally popping up in the Champions League and letting him collect half-a-dozen league medals and millions of Euros. He'd probably love Paris too.

You mean like scouring a journalist's works and picking out what is nothing more than a typo (sorry, but for football followers of a certain age the first Enrique you think of is Luis) in an article which has plenty of correct predictions in it in order to discredit him?

If you think I had intentionally scoured through Jason Burt's previous articles to just pick out stupid mistakes and discredit him, then that is quite pathetic.

For starters, if one makes a typo such as a minor grammar mistake or letter went missing from a word, then it's arguably excusable but it's another and troubling issue if one gets a factual information like that horribly wrong when it should always be checked before publishing it (a common rule in journalism or in writing generally!). That is beside the main point but yes, even if he did get somethings right in there, doesn't even mean the wrong ones should be ignored especially when only him/Telegraph seem to be reporting it (am pretty sure he wasn't the first one to report interests in Willian and Lukaku back then). When you combine it with getting facts wrong, it's only normal it leads to a case of doubting the credibility and questioning if the author is writing about something true or false.

Well its interesting how mourinho mentioned that it was very good that he doesn't has to face United and that he hoped they will take points from the other rivals.

It feels like he was hinting to something more. Maybe it's me looking too much, but if it is then it's something that mourinho is contemplating.

I really really do love Juan, but this is quite a simple matter.

He's a great footballer.

He doesn't play anymore.

We are doing great without him, so the odds are that he won't return to the first 11 anytime soon.

That being said, I think the obvious choice for him and us is to part ways. The only problem is that I don't like the idea of Manure getting Mata. Whoever thinks that this bad period of them will last for too long, is deeply wrong. They will bounce back sooner than expected and they will sign a lot of good players during the next summer. Maybe now, they aren't a threat, but the next season they will be. I'm sure about that.

I'd rather want him to go to Real Madrid, Atletico, Napoli or whoever else outside the Premier League.

I really really do love Juan, but this is quite a simple matter.

He's a great footballer.

He doesn't play anymore.

We are doing great without him, so the odds are that he won't return to the first 11 anytime soon.

That being said, I think the obvious choice for him and us is to part ways. The only problem is that I don't like the idea of Manure getting Mata. Whoever thinks that this bad period of them will last for too long, is deeply wrong. They will bounce back sooner than expected and they will sign a lot of good players during the next summer. Maybe now, they aren't a threat, but the next season they will be. I'm sure about that.

I'd rather want him to go to Real Madrid, Atletico, Napoli or whoever else outside the Premier League.

That first paragraph of yours was a knife through my heart..

If it was any other manager who threw Mata out of the team all the fans and media would crucify him.

AVB tried it with Lamps.

Whatever..i wish em the best of luck and success.