Falcao: Blues move unlikely

Jase

Radamel Falcao has ruled out the possibility of joining Chelsea any time soon.

The Colombian striker has been heavily linked with Chelsea since 2011 but has moved to quash the persisting rumours as he aims to help his side - AS Monaco - to achieve "important results" and objectives, stressing his commitment to the club.

"Would I like to play with Mourinho? I’d never considered it," he said to Sky Sport Italia.

"As of today it doesn’t seem possible, as we are on two very different paths and I have a five-year contract with Monaco.

“But Mourinho is a coach with a fantastic career, the titles that he has won speak for him and nobody can deny his capabilities.

"He has a different style, people might not like him, but that makes him special and football enjoy his eccentricity.

"But there has been a lot of speculation around European clubs interested in me. I didn’t think too much about that, though. I try to concentrate on my objectives, training to achieve important results."

The 27-year old also went on to express his interest to play in Serie A one day.

“One day I’d like to play in Serie A. Where? I can’t say,”

“I loved Roberto Baggio, while of the current Italy squad I like Andrea Pirlo. Giuseppe Rossi is very talented and Francesco Totti ought to be called up for international duty."

Monaco are currently second in Ligue 1 and sit 5 points behind French champions Paris St. Germain ahead of Sunday's trip to face Toulouse FC.

Click here to view article

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great! Now maybe we'll stop being linked with unrealistic targets like him, but I doubt it.

The papers will probably take those two sentences out of context:

" Mourinho is a coach with a fantastic career, the titles that he has won speak for him and nobody can deny his capabilities.

"He has a different style, people might not like him, but that makes him special and football enjoy his eccentricity."

And the title of the article would be "Colombian ace would like to work with Blues boss".

" Mourinho is a coach with a fantastic career, the titles that he has won speak for him and nobody can deny his capabilities.

"He has a different style, people might not like him, but that makes him special and football enjoy his eccentricity."

And the title of the article would be "Colombian ace would like to work with Blues boss".

Should have written that instead! :lol:

Most likely!

Should have written that instead! :lol:

Steal Choulo's idea in a bid to work for the Daily Mail! :lol:

Well he's already stolen those quotes without giving any reference to the original source :ph34r:

Already making stuff up just to get views, he's well on his way!

(It'd be funny if the original source is actually the Daily Mail! :lol: )

There are several issues with Falcao, First is the ACL to his left knee. He already had an injury to his right knee in 2005.

Another is the issue with his age. He's being sued because they say he's 30. We can do better with a younger striker.

Wish speedy recovery.