Ricardo Rodriguez

There's been lots of chatter the last few months about Ricardo Rodriguez being Jose's true successor to Ashley Cole. The 21yr old Left back who applies his trade at Wolfsburg, Kevin DeBruyne's future home, has been in scintillating form all season and now it looks like we could be in for him.

I for one would rather we go in this direction, Luke Shaw is severely overpriced and not near as good.

Chelsea are in advanced stages of negotiation with #Wolfsburg over leftback Ricardo Rodriguez after agreeing to sell KDB (Tuttomercato) #CFC

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/61610/Show/Ricardo-Rodriguez

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIHe9by9tFA

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha some comments on youtube, time to troll them :

Ricardo Rodríguez - next the best left defencer in BPL! Welcome to United!
I heard man utd wanna sign this guy? Is it true? Nice video anyway..he's good 

"In January, he will not move from Wolfsburg because the club does not want to sell as they absolutely want to get into the Champions League,"

"Maybe after the World Cup in June [he can leave] but it will not be easy as many clubs are interested in him."

his agent Gianluca Di Domenico

I think the De Bruyne to Wolfsburg deal should have been done and dusted days ago and I must reckon something else is happening there. Maybe a last minute decision from Jose and a swap deal proposition from Chelsea involving KDB and Rodriguez? Who knows... Rodriguez can't be valued more than €20M, maybe, let's say, €25M. Same goes for KDB.

From le Saux to Cole to Shaw....it just feels right. Sure this guy is good but don't see is going for this guy over Shaw.

I think this is the sentiment amongst English born Chelsea fans and I get it. Shaw is home grown, decent and a Chelsea fan through and through! What's not to like?

Well for starters if the rumoured fee of £30m is true that isn't anywhere near what I'd pay for him

Just buy the better player whether it's Shaw or Ricardo. There seems to be a neanderthal mentality slowly growing on here and it's really awkward. I'm reading what I think are suggestions that players should be prioritised due to their origin...or should we say, 'people'; not 'players'.

Let's just leave nationalities out of it. On the pitch they play with their feet, not their passport.

Signing Shaw over Rodriguez because the latter is Swiss or the former is English would be beyond ignorant and definitely questionable.

Just don't want visitors on the forum and rival fans thinking we're xenophobes personally.

Now on from that; Anyone who has watched Ricardo this season will probably agree that, on form, he's currently the best left back in Europe without a shadow of a doubt. His attacking, fluid and flair-like style of play would compliment Hazard perfectly on the flank and I think he's the sort of player Jose wants for our future.

Shaw is a superb option too, but I have reservations regarding his link-up ability. Physically he's a beast; but technically, Ricardo has his number and more.

There are life outside of BPL just to let everyone know. There are these Jackson Martinez, Guitan, Chicharito, Michu who no one heard of before they became big. Not everyone have to be a Falcao who just banged in 40 goals last season or a Hazard who was just crowned player of the season the year before their moves.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You