Ricardo Rodriguez

21 minutes ago, The Mak said:

Baba was really fast...also really useless the majority of the time. 

Obviously speed is not only factor. 

But two fbs with same skill set one fast and one normal, i would pick faster one every time. 

Alaba, Alba, Alves, Marcelo etc all modern fullbacks are quite fast. Lahm is exception, but he is on whole different level of ball control and distribution. 

We already have Azpi who is not the fastest. But for quicker play, we definately need a quick fullback(s) who can widen the play and overlap etc. But sure defending and crossing very important too.

That said, RR didnt realy convince me yet and he comes from league that is entirely different than PL. Against the power and pace of PL, he doesnt realy have any other advantage. His skill set isnt that great to beat defenders. I just dont see him as player who would improve our attack and transition greatly. But for defending, I guess he is decent.

If I was targeting full back now it would be from french or spanish league because they play at more similar tempo like PL and its useless to get a fullback who wont be able to cope with speed and tempo of PL. 

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen enough of this guy both for Wolfsburg and Switzerland to know he will be a fantastic signing. Contray to what some ppl here are saying he is defensively solid, has good pace and can deliver a excellent cross both on the move and in set pieces. Get it done already! 

That sounds like a rumor one of the terrible English papers would have. Yeah, a club with Luke Shaw and one with Marcelo are after an expensive new LB. Totally believable.

22 minutes ago, Pizy said:

That sounds like a rumor one of the terrible English papers would have. Yeah, a club with Luke Shaw and one with Marcelo are after an expensive new LB. Totally believable.

Well Real bought Danilo for 30m last summer despite they already had Carvajal.

Not saying that rumour is true tho...

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

I don't really blame the newspapers on this occasion. They don't want to be left behind in the race for readers and clicks so they can't afford to be too choosy about the detail of the  story. As long as they can stand  it up, as they say, then they will  always be tempted to publish anything. If some agent, working for the player or his club, drops them a story, no matter how stupid, it will see the light of day.

We have to accept that the transfer rumour market for media outlets, is every bit as competitive as the transfer market is for clubs. Publishers and broadcasters need advertisers to survive. Advertisers buy clicks and readership numbers.

Swiss fullback Ricardo Rodriguez is pushing to quit VfL Wolfsburg for Chelsea.

Wolfsburg chief Klas Allofs is desperate not to lose the left-back, but BILD says the Switzerland international is keen to leave for London.

Chelsea hope to do business for around €20 million.

Allofs is reluctant to keep hold of a player who wants to leave, but any deal is likely to run to the end of the transfer window.

4/5 in the bookies right now.

I know that all the 'facts' in each of the 'links' we have to various defenders but I would be real happy to sign any of them. Each one is very good and offer their different qualities.

I just hope at least one of them come off. (DON'T WE ALL eh!)

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You