Nemanja Matic

.Cee

Why? It's not like we must sell players before we buy... We're not Spurs. It just happens to be a good oppertunity for KdB to leave and us getting good profit from it. I do think we would have gone for Matic even if we didn't have plans to sell Kevin.

Where is our fund? Just posted a loss of 60m and that hasn't included last summer spending yet I don't think

Where is our fund? Just posted a loss of 60m and that hasn't included last summer spending yet I don't think

Don't want to get off-topic about all that, but with new sponsor-deals and reaching knock out stages in CL etc, I highly doubt that it's bad as the media makes out. And still there is a transfer window this summer so every oppertunity in the world to sell KdB. So I don't see why we would be "Massively fucked" if the KdB deal somehow crashed...

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/13/jose-mourinho-chelsea-nemanja-matic

Chelsea to re-sign midfielder Nemanja Matic from Benfica for £22m
• Serbia international returns to club he left in January 2011

• Kevin De Bruyne to join Wolfsburg for £18m

A more reliable source than many of those posted before.

Well I'm glad we're bringing back this guy and not signing Fredy Guarin!

Brilliant strategy by the board. Scare the hell out of everybody by starting the Guarin rumors then announce the signing of Matic so every one would be ten times as excited and happy! :lol:

That is false. You know how portuguese media are. He never refused to play against Porto and he's not demanding anything.

Look at him all sad yesterday

1557666_10153699338485716_1499167378_n.j

Actually, if you look close enough, you can see it in his eyes the real reason he is happy there is because Benfica told him they will let him go to Chelsea. :D

United fans are so f*ing mad right now LOL, I love it! They have been drooling over Matic all year and apparently came very lose to signing him during the summer before the einstein Moyes chose to spend the money on Fellaini instead.

This club really seems to have turned into a joke.