Nemanja Matic

.Cee

He just talked to portuguese television 1 minute ago.

He said "i am still a Benfica player"

:(

*sigh*

What if this is all just a smokescreen and we end up with Guarin after all? What a massive fucking letdown that would be.

I don't know any player like him, and i watch a lot of football.

When Ibrahimovic started to play in Ajax people were suprised too, a very tall striker with a superb technique, that was a strange at the time....that's how i see Matic in a way, a very tall midfielder (he can play as a 6 or 8, but he's better as a 6) with a great technique. When he first got here we said he was a number 10, but our coach said that he would be a great 6 and he was right.

We also have his brother in our B squad, he's called Uros Matic

tbh I don't remember much of him.

#6 is the same position as Rami? In Brazil #6 is the left fb and I always mix #6 and #8 in Europe. In Brazil #5 is the most defensive guy in the pivot (DM) and #8 is the less defensive (CM or MD). I suppose the #8 is the same and in Europe you call the DM #6?

I'll trust you guys saying this is a good signing. We need to improve our pivot asap and Guarin isn't the answer to that. He's not a proper midfielder imo, almost like an AM.

If you had bothered to read the link for David Conn's article, there were quotes from a Benfica spokesman speaking on the subject of the club's rather large debt. Furthermore, your dismissal of journalists that are not native to a country where a club is located borders on xenophobia, and at the minimum is nonsensical.

It is simply untrue that you have posted a profit for the last 4 years (this is from a Reuters, Lisbon-based Portuguese journalist, amongst other sources, if it helps you). Also, this is a matter of public record, as Benfica is a publicly traded company.

Your financial situation is not as dire as Malaga or Anzhi, most likely due to the holdings of Benfica's parent company. I did not intimate, nor did any of the articles linked, that Benfica was selling its players for a bargain. However, your club is not receiving the total transfer fee from these players. Large chunks of these fees go to third party owners, not directly into the coffers of the club.

So you know more about Benfica than me?

You are right my club is not receiving the total transfer fee from these players, but we receive some money that you are not thinking about.

I'll give an example.

We sold 25% of David Luiz for 4.5M€. When Chelsea bought him (25M€), we only received 18.75M€, but since we sold that 25% for 4.5M€ to total value was 23.25M€ that's not far from 25M€.

We have the same financial problems like any other team that doesn't have a russian or a sheik giving money.

We will be fine if me sold him only in the summer.

Changing subject, I heard that Chelsea as an option to buy Markovic for 15M€, i hope that in this negotiations about Matic we do something to delete that option because we can sell him for much more than that in the future.

Why would Matic say anything else? He is covering his back as any other player would in that situation. Imagine him saying Im going to the club I love which is Chelsea and then the deal falls through lol.

Don't want a Odemwingie situation do we :ph34r:

#6 is the same position as Rami? In Brazil #6 is the left fb and I always mix #6 and #8 in Europe. In Brazil #5 is the most defensive guy in the pivot (DM) and #8 is the less defensive (CM or MD). I suppose the #8 is the same and in Europe you call the DM #6?

I'll trust you guys saying this is a good signing. We need to improve our pivot asap and Guarin isn't the answer to that. He's not a proper midfielder imo, almost like an AM.

I guess our "6" is your "5"

I don't like Guarin, in Porto he wasn't even regular in the start 11 and Porto supporters did not liked him.

I'm suprised to see him linked with Chelsea, and he don't play in the same position as Matic.

Matic play as a DMF and Guarin as a CMD, at least it was his position in Porto but i don't follow Inter a lot.

In Europe:

2 4 5 3

7 10 11

I guess our "6" is your "5"

I don't like Guarin, in Porto he wasn't even regular in the start 11 and Porto supporters did not liked him.

I'm suprised to see him linked with Chelsea, and he don't play in the same position as Matic.

Matic play as a DMF and Guarin as a CMD, at least it was his position in Porto but i don't follow Inter a lot.

thanks you put it better than me. I think Guarin is more like Lampard style, which is a proper midfielder, but more attacking, and not really the guy to do both, defend and transition and sometimes go forward.

Thanks for the #6 explanation. I think we need a DM that knows how to play as Mourinho would say, the kind of guy that can pick not a pass, but passes, most of them.

I haven't seen this guy play (beside the games against Chelsea) and because of that I know close to nothing about his skills, but I really hope he is as good as people say he is (I read a lot of positive things about him).

It doesn't take much to improve our pivot so I guess i'll cross my fingers for this deal to happen.

Another thing, we don't have financial problems.
We have the same financial problems

Your credibility on this subject looks tenuous at best.

So you know more about Benfica than me?

I wouldn't have thought so from the outset, but in a financial sense, it's looking increasingly likely.

You are right my club is not receiving the total transfer fee from these players, but we receive some money that you are not thinking about. I'll give an example. We sold 25% of David Luiz for 4.5M€. When Chelsea bought him (25M€), we only received 18.75M€, but since we sold that 25% for 4.5M€ to total value was 23.25M€ that's not far from 25M€.

I did take into account the money that your club receives up front from TPO's, such as the Benfica Stars Fund. Also, I noticed you failed to mention the transfers where Benfica fared far worse (the Di Maria, Coentrao, or the Ramires transfer,where Benfica received only 20% of the transfer fee) when citing an example.

Changing subject, I heard that Chelsea as an option to buy Markovic for 15M€, i hope that in this negotiations about Matic we do something to delete that option because we can sell him for much more than that in the future.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if this was bandied about during the negotiations for Matic.