Nemanja Matic

.Cee

I agree that the fact that we sold him for peanuts has nothing to do with this deal and I think it's ridiculous to say that we shouldn't be buying him just because of that. But, that said, I don't agree that the board did not make a mistake and I sure hope that they learn from this blunder in at least adding a buy-back clause for young players in the future.

Like KDB...

Premier League - Paper Round: Chelsea to spend £25m on former player

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/premier-league-paper-round-chelsea-spend-25m-former-072658998--sow.html

The big losers in the race for Matic are Manchester United, with Record claiming that the Old Trafford giants were also trying to secure the Serb this winter. Jose Mourinho though, appears to have won the race for the player’s signature.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/matic-played-his-last-benfica-match-snubbed-man-united-will-join-chelsea-for-e25m-on-tuesday-record-a-bola-o-jogo/

Hahahahahahaahahahahahahaa

He may be 6ft 5"? but he is first and foremost a very good footballer,you are right he does all the above things and Mourinho has acted to sort out our biggest problem very quickly. And I mean this position is a bigger problem for us than our striker problem ,Matic for Mikel puts us in a strong position to win all trophies especially the league where we have fallen well short in recent times. Once again Mourinho has seen our biggest problem and acted where a series of managers failed. They do not call him special for nothing.

Matic isn't coming in for Mikel though. If you're saying that then you clearly think Mikel was a starter.

Matic is coming in to fill the void next to Ramires. That means less playing time for Mikel and Lampard. It wasn't a problem with Mikel because he wasn't a starter to begin with, it was a problem with the squad make up.

1.Matic isn't coming in for Mikel though.2. If you're saying that then you clearly think Mikel was a starter.

3.Matic is coming in to fill the void next to Ramires.4. That means less playing time for Mikel and Lampard.5. It wasn't a problem with Mikel because he wasn't a starter to begin with, it was a problem with the squad make up.

1. Yes he is.

2. No that was you and the fanboys.

3. Yes the big void that was Mikel.

4. No that means less playing time for Mikel ,one can only hope he has got the message and does not hang around for four years ,robbing Chelsea of money. Lampard is 35 he should not have to carry Mikel nor should Ramires.

5. He will not be a starter for sure now Mourinho has decided to sign a replacement.

Foreign journalists know nothing about Benfica.

Our rival, Sporting, in the last 4y has -250M€, we in the last 4y always had profit in the end of the seasons, except this last one.

Do you think that we are like Malaga or Anzhi, do you think that we are going to sold most of our players for a bargain?Not a chance.

Today there is news talking about a 50M€ offer from Zenit to get Rodrigo+Garay. If that is true we don't need to sell Matic, unless he really really wants to go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn79viya0bM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBRIccyU8lU

Our goals from yesterday.

Matic played well, we played in 4-4-2 and porto in 4-3-3 so 2 vs 3 in the center of the field and yet their midfielders couldn't create any goal chances.

Btw, for those who doesn't know, we are the only club in the world that broadcast our home league games in our TV channel and we also broadcast a lot of Premier League games (5/6 per weekend) so I watch Chelsea almost every week.

#CFC expect to complete the £21m signing of Matic in time to make his 2nd debut for the club on Sunday against #MUFC (Evening Standard)

Also butthurt on the Man Utd forum:

From red cafe:

"It's bizarre he's going back there after being more or less shafted. In fact it baffles me why any young player would ever want to join Chelsea.
They're career killers unless you cost 20 million pounds. They've constantly buried young talent down the years. f**king vile club, shafted him out whilst overpaying for a clumsy Brazilian and now they're paying stupid amounts to get him back.

Chelsea FC #f**ktards 4ever."

Bless..I think they should get Pogba back... :Goober:

I was expecting to wake up and be disappointed when checking twitter. Thought I'd see something like "We received a bid far below our valuation from an English club and it has been rejected" from Benfica.

Guess it's good that didn't happen at least. Would be brilliant to have him for the United match. At least on the bench.

#CFC expect to complete the £21m signing of Matic in time to make his 2nd debut for the club on Sunday against #MUFC (Evening Standard)

From red cafe:

"It's bizarre he's going back there after being more or less shafted. In fact it baffles me why any young player would ever want to join Chelsea.

They're career killers unless you cost 20 million pounds. They've constantly buried young talent down the years. f**king vile club, shafted him out whilst overpaying for a clumsy Brazilian and now they're paying stupid amounts to get him back.

Desperation and frustration all rolled into one.

Foreign journalists know nothing about Benfica.

Our rival, Sporting, in the last 4y has -250M, we in the last 4y always had profit in the end of the seasons, except this last one.

Do you think that we are like Malaga or Anzhi, do you think that we are going to sold most of our players for a bargain?Not a chance.

Today there is news talking about a 50M offer from Zenit to get Rodrigo+Garay. If that is true we don't need to sell Matic, unless he really really wants to go.

Not good news. That will probably hike the price by 5mil. We've got to act fast, tuesday latest.

From red cafe:

Funny thing is, clumsy Brazilian and Matic would walk into their team right about now.

Matic isn't coming in for Mikel though. If you're saying that then you clearly think Mikel was a starter.

Matic is coming in to fill the void next to Ramires. That means less playing time for Mikel and Lampard. It wasn't a problem with Mikel because he wasn't a starter to begin with, it was a problem with the squad make up.

I think this is one of the general problems with a lot of Chelsea players and Ramires exemplifies it. What kind of player do you want playing next to Ramires? He's very good defensively but he's not a defensive midfielder. He needs freedom to be able to go forward but he's limited in attack. I haven't seen much of Matic, but to me, I don't think he's the ideal player to play next to Ramires. There aren't a lot of advanced stats available for public view for Matic except from the Champion's League and Europa League over the last few seasons and in those 25 games or so he's been poor. There are a couple of things that concern me

1) his low passing percentage and that's a low passing percentage and this is not a player who is crossing the ball a lot or feeding the ball into dangerous areas which result in lower passing rates. He's a central midfielder and not one getting tons of assists. His passing percentage should be around 90% In last year's CL, he had a 76% passing rate. This year, it's 83.2%. In the Europa league it was 80.1%. In the CL the year before around 74%. A Ramires/Matic duo is not likely to move the ball particularly well.

2) He's gotten worse. Last year, he was a 3-time player of the month. This year, he hasn't won it once and by all accounts, he has regressed.

That being said, he will definitely be an improvement on what we currently have and we badly need a central midfielder right now.