Nemanja Matic

.Cee

If he leaves for < 35M€ i'll be upset.

He's better than Witsel and we sold him for 40M€.

I'm not saying that Matic is worth more than 40M€, but 35M€ is a good price for him.

He has the technique of a number 10, I saw people saying that he's like Mikel...that's far from true.

Another thing, we don't have financial problems. The thing is, in the last years we always sold 1 or 2 players for more than 20M€ (Ramires, Coentrao, Di Maria, David Luiz, Javi Garcia, Witsel), but this season we decided not to sell anyone (we had an offer for Matic close to 40M€ in the summer and Cardozo was close to leave too) so it would be good for our finances (we don't have a russian or an sheik giving us money) to sell a player for something like 25M€.

I would accept 30M€ + Oriol Romeu

Btw, I hope Chelsea wins the PL and CL...but without Matic on the squad :halo:

I havent seen him in a very long time.

Can anyone explain to me exacly what kind of player he is today.

Is he like a Mikel but simply better or is he more of an Essien-type of player? Compare him with someone today that he is "equally good as".

I don't know any player like him, and i watch a lot of football.

When Ibrahimovic started to play in Ajax people were suprised too, a very tall striker with a superb technique, that was a strange at the time....that's how i see Matic in a way, a very tall midfielder (he can play as a 6 or 8, but he's better as a 6) with a great technique. When he first got here we said he was a number 10, but our coach said that he would be a great 6 and he was right.

We also have his brother in our B squad, he's called Uros Matic

I think we absolutely need a CM/CDM. José likes to play 4-3-3 at times and then there's only Essien who can rest if you don't play Luiz in the middle. Of course we have MvG coming back, but he's an unexperienced player and we can't rely on him after that bad injury he got.

Matic knows the club and he's a quality player. The only problem is the price. He's 26 already and 35m is quite a big amount of money. If they are willing to drop it, it would be nice to get Nemanja back.

I think we absolutely need a CM/CDM. José likes to play 4-3-3 at times and then there's only Essien who can rest if you don't play Luiz in the middle. Of course we have MvG coming back, but he's an unexperienced player and we can't rely on him after that bad injury he got.

Matic knows the club and he's a quality player. The only problem is the price. He's 26 already and 35m is quite a big amount of money. If they are willing to drop it, it would be nice to get Nemanja back.

The fee is rumoured to be around £20m, which is quite good IMO.

If he leaves for < 35M€ i'll be upset.

He's better than Witsel and we sold him for 40M€.

I'm not saying that Matic is worth more than 40M€, but 35M€ is a good price for him.

He has the technique of a number 10, I saw people saying that he's like Mikel...that's far from true.

Another thing, we don't have financial problems. The thing is, in the last years we always sold 1 or 2 players for more than 20M€ (Ramires, Coentrao, Di Maria, David Luiz, Javi Garcia, Witsel), but this season we decided not to sell anyone (we had an offer for Matic close to 40M€ in the summer and Cardozo was close to leave too) so it would be good for our finances (we don't have a russian or an sheik giving us money) to sell a player for something like 25M€.

I would accept 30M€ + Oriol Romeu

Btw, I hope Chelsea wins the PL and CL...but without Matic on the squad :halo:

once again,,best in your league doesn't guarantee to be sucess in PL especially chelsea. we must wait until he play regulary and then judge how "big" the effect of Matic in our pivot problems...

and IMO the good relationship between Chelsea and Benfica is something priceless,,so 25M price tag is best deal for both... :rolleyes:

Another thing, we don't have financial problems. The thing is, in the last years we always sold 1 or 2 players for more than 20M€ (Ramires, Coentrao, Di Maria, David Luiz, Javi Garcia, Witsel),

Oh really?

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2013/12/12/5202204/nemanja-matic-to-chelsea-this-transfer-rumour-adds-up

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/22507686

I havent seen him in a very long time.

Can anyone explain to me exacly what kind of player he is today.

Is he like a Mikel but simply better or is he more of an Essien-type of player? Compare him with someone today that he is "equally good as".

I'd say because of his ability to see passes quickly and execute them instantly, and his ability to close players down quickly and put himself about for someone of his size, i would compare him to Javi Martinez. I wouldn't say he is equally as good as him but i dont think there is much between them.

I'd say because of his ability to see passes quickly and execute them instantly, and his ability to close players down quickly and put himself about for someone of his size, i would compare him to Javi Martinez. I wouldn't say he is equally as good as him but i dont think there is much between them.

He may be 6ft 5"? but he is first and foremost a very good footballer,you are right he does all the above things and Mourinho has acted to sort out our biggest problem very quickly. And I mean this position is a bigger problem for us than our striker problem ,Matic for Mikel puts us in a strong position to win all trophies especially the league where we have fallen well short in recent times. Once again Mourinho has seen our biggest problem and acted where a series of managers failed. They do not call him special for nothing.

I agree that the fact that we sold him for peanuts has nothing to do with this deal and I think it's ridiculous to say that we shouldn't be buying him just because of that. But, that said, I don't agree that the board did not make a mistake and I sure hope that they learn from this blunder in at least adding a buy-back clause for young players in the future.

I agree that the fact that we sold him for peanuts has nothing to do with this deal and I think it's ridiculous to say that we shouldn't be buying him just because of that. But, that said, I don't agree that the board did not make a mistake and I sure hope that they learn from this blunder in at least adding a buy-back clause for young players in the future.

They should start of by insisting on a buy-back clause with wolfsburg that would be a good start! Sorry off topic! I hope we get him ASAP we could use him against united with lamps injured!

Did anyone watch Benfica-Porto yesterday?

I did, and my opinion of Matic have not changed. For those watching the game you might have noticed that Porto struggled to create anything of note through the middle, most of their more effective attacks went more or less through the wings. Now, I am aware of the fact that Matic was not acting alone centrally (so credit is not his alone) and I am also aware of this not being the strongest Porto side for a while, but you can not really expect much more from his type of DM.
He operated deeply throughout the game yet was often at the edge of the opponents box ready to both pressure and receive depending on what side the possession was on, he also managed to track back almost instantly without exposing his team to any danger. All of this also didnt stop him from almost scoring twice (one solo run into the opponents box [something you see Ramires do who is a b2b] and one free header that really should have been a penalty as it was stopped by a defenders palm).

He also won several aerial duels and free kicks (and stopped a dangerous counter, even though the ref was stupid not to allow the play to continue).

He reminds me of Cesar, a player who goes unnoticed unless you are specifically watching him, and will most often put in perfomances that can be rated as 7/10 (neither game-changing nor average).