Nemanja Matic

.Cee

How long can it take? The transfer window only lasts 1 month.

The media in Portugal reports he will be in Chelsea next week.

Let's hope so. Benfica are normally a stubborn bunch. Only the fact that they didn't get into the knock outs of champs lge is in our favour.

One of the main reasons I was against this was because of the insane fees quoted in the past (£35m+). But £20m really isn't that bad in the January window. He seems a lot more qualified than Guarin anyway.

The main thing is: we're buying a CM. Finally.

This is how I feel about it too.

I feel he has a decent passing range and composure in order for him to become the link between midfield and attack which means it could work out decently. He's not the exact type of player I would like but he's not a bad option to have around at all and at £20m it'd be a fair deal.

Yaya and Fernandinho don't have the best passing range yet city seem to be doing well.

Does anyone know if Matic is a fan of the club or something like that?

For example, I wouldn't think Pogba would go back to Utd after they let him go.

Yeah it is surprising to me also, that he would want to come back so easily. But fair play to him i guess for holding no grudges.

Why? Again, if he stayed at Cobham, he wouldn't have been the player he is today.

Put it that way, but it could have been the other side of the coin too, with him ending up in Kosice or some mid-table team in Portugal. Hats off to a guy that never gave up even though some of Roman's trustful employees threw him away like a rotten tooth. You need guts to go back to the "crime scene", but I really feel this guy is so eager to prove he is Chelsea material that this transfer could turn into a superb one.

I can't say I know much about him, what he's like now etc, any good? Do we need him? Isn't it strikers we need?

Striker is the number 1 priority. But the truth is, we won't get a world class striker until summer.

If we get a striker this month, it will either be an average one, or we'll be spending a ridiculous amount of money for a good one.

Our strikers are useless, but the games against City and Liverpool have shown we can still get shit done as long as the rest of the team is in form. Certainly, nobody was expecting us to win the treble this season. I think we can wait.