Nemanja Matic

.Cee

Can't see a bid that low being accepted. Can anyone?

that is about 25 m euros? "that low" how is this low? max i would pay for matic is 25 m pound and thats it. futhermore he is CL bound and 25 m euros is quite a decent price.

that is about 25 m euros? "that low" how is this low? max i would pay for matic is 25 m pound and thats it.

I don't know. Just feel like we'd be getting one over on them for this price, haha.

For a player with so much potential and as good as he already is it's just strange to see he may only cost £20m. In this day and age that's really not that much.

Sky Sports News@SkySportsNews9s

Sky sources: Chelsea make £20m bid to re-sign Benfica midfielder Nemanja Matic #SSN

If thats true, we are far from signing him. Generaly, its fair price but I doubt Benfica will accept it. This could last for whole month, i wish if we have any intention on buying new players, we should do it as soon as possible. But obviously, if they accept it, it would be great deal; Matic for 20mio in january, not bad.

That said, Matic + 25m for Luiz was indeed a horrible deal.

Please, it wasn't. Matic at the time was worth peanuts.

No one would've said that Matic was worth any more than 5m euros at the time and there is no way Matic would be the player he is today had he stuck around at CFC.

The prosecutor of Nemanja Matic flew to Lisbon to negotiate with Portuguese club #SLB. Divorce - seems one step remains (via @dimarzio) #CFC

Benfica will cash a figure between €22m-€25m. Stamford Bridge, his old home, is now waiting for Nemanja Matic (via @dimarzio) #CFC #SLB

Be a great signing. As for the "id rather have x y or z player". It doesn't work like that.

It would appear he is available. And he is the sort of player that should fill a position we have needed to fill for a while.

we needed to fill this position with a different type of player though I feel. still, a good player, but not what will take us to the next level as a DLP who is much needed. hope he and mou proves me wrong.

Still not gonna get too excited until it's confirmed, but just thinking about what some of the other high profile midfielders have gone for recently or are valued at now, this seems like brilliant business.

Modric was £30m+

Witsel was £40m

Illaramendi was £30m+

Midfielders like Gündogan and Pogba are being valued at astronomical fees.

This could be a very shrewd buy at this price. Fingers crossed.

we needed to fill this position with a different type of player though I feel. still, a good player, but not what will take us to the next level as a DLP who is much needed. hope he and mou proves me wrong.

This is how I feel about it too.

I feel he has a decent passing range and composure in order for him to become the link between midfield and attack which means it could work out decently. He's not the exact type of player I would like but he's not a bad option to have around at all and at £20m it'd be a fair deal.