test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

Nemanja Matic

Started by DavidEU,

4,214 posts in this topic
On 08/04/2018 at 1:38 PM, Polo7 said:

How the fuck are we still discussing why Matic left??? The replacement is crap but thats a different topic.

Why wouldnt we be? Our season has been pretty much disastrous since about December and the sales of 2 big players Matic (to a direct rival) and Costa is a big part of why I feel as well as other things to do with players performances, speculation over Conte and form. Who lets a club sell a pivotal cog of their team to a team competing for the title/top 4 as we were hoping to do? 

On 4/11/2018 at 10:31 PM, OneMoSalah said:

Why wouldnt we be? Our season has been pretty much disastrous since about December and the sales of 2 big players Matic (to a direct rival) and Costa is a big part of why I feel as well as other things to do with players performances, speculation over Conte and form. Who lets a club sell a pivotal cog of their team to a team competing for the title/top 4 as we were hoping to do? 

Honestly? I don't miss Matic one little bit. And given how bad his replacement has been and that we have had some horrific results against some shit teams, that's saying something.

18 hours ago, Tomo said:

Honestly? I don't miss Matic one little bit. And given how bad his replacement has been and that we have had some horrific results against some shit teams, that's saying something.

Still he'd be an improvement on watching Bakayoko roam about aimlessly, Cesc get waltz past by players who are slow although even he makes them look fast and Drinkwater is solid enough to play some games but out of his depth in others. 28 or 29 or whatever, he still had plenty in him to give regardless of what people may have thought, which he has shown for United. Shit results or not it was not a football decision, purely a money one although the club probably helped him make up his mind by even enticing an offer from United in the first place.

However one might rate Matic (irrelevant), he had several MotM performances for us - some of them in very big games too!

His replacement, has already had several "Worst Man of the Match" performances for us - some of them in very big games too! :D

Still he'd be an improvement on watching Bakayoko roam about aimlessly, Cesc get waltz past by players who are slow although even he makes them look fast and Drinkwater is solid enough to play some games but out of his depth in others. 28 or 29 or whatever, he still had plenty in him to give regardless of what people may have thought, which he has shown for United. Shit results or not it was not a football decision, purely a money one although the club probably helped him make up his mind by even enticing an offer from United in the first place.
I don't think anyone could say it was bad business on our behalf. However, the use of the funds was dreadful business

10 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Still he'd be an improvement on watching Bakayoko roam about aimlessly, 

Yeah but when we had Torres half of League two would have been an improvement. Two wrongs don't make a right.

2 hours ago, Robguima said:

However one might rate Matic (irrelevant), he had several MotM performances for us - some of them in very big games too!

His replacement, has already had several "Worst Man of the Match" performances for us - some of them in very big games too! :D

Post 14/15 which big games was he MOTM in? He was often a big reason we were so easy to press and suffocate the life out off, infact we did just that to United with him in the side 3 halfs out of four this season.

53 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Post 14/15 which big games was he MOTM in? He was often a big reason we were so easy to press and suffocate the life out off, infact we did just that to United with him in the side 3 halfs out of four this season.

Does United count? :)

Sorry not really interested in convincing you that Matic is a good player - think there is plenty of evidence of that regardless of your personal preference.

My disagreement was around the (imo crazy) idea that the club does no miss Matic... that just defies all logic esp considering the replacement does not know how to play football. We can go into crazy what-ifs into different players with diff characteristics as replacements and we wouldn't know whether they were avail at that moment. The fact remains a proper replacement wasn't brought in, which makes us miss Matic.

You see, Matic, regardless of your personal opinion and preference, was a nail-in started for all managers in all our wins of late. The only time he did not start (he was indeed in terrible form as many others) we finished 10th. So, for us NOT to miss him, the replacement would have to be - at the very least - a nail-in starter. That's really the only disagreement I have, since we all have our own preferences, which may also involve the style in which the team plays.

17 hours ago, Robguima said:

Does United count? :)

Sorry not really interested in convincing you that Matic is a good player - think there is plenty of evidence of that regardless of your personal preference.

My disagreement was around the (imo crazy) idea that the club does no miss Matic... that just defies all logic esp considering the replacement does not know how to play football. We can go into crazy what-ifs into different players with diff characteristics as replacements and we wouldn't know whether they were avail at that moment. The fact remains a proper replacement wasn't brought in, which makes us miss Matic.

You see, Matic, regardless of your personal opinion and preference, was a nail-in started for all managers in all our wins of late. The only time he did not start (he was indeed in terrible form as many others) we finished 10th. So, for us NOT to miss him, the replacement would have to be - at the very least - a nail-in starter. That's really the only disagreement I have, since we all have our own preferences, which may also involve the style in which the team plays.

He didn't play when we were 10th because he was dropped when we were 16th.

On 4/19/2018 at 8:33 AM, Tomo said:

He didn't play when we were 10th because he was dropped when we were 16th.

That's correlation not causality - but do you realize you are making my point stronger? That we depended on his form in our many wins with him.

Yes, his form was indeed poor, but I have to disagree switching him with mikel *caused* us to improve from 16th to 10th position.

You obviously dislike the player, but the fact remains he was an important player for us and now is an important player for united.

In the Star I know (◔_◔) But I believe it.

Man Utd news: Jose Mourinho makes shock revelation about £40m Chelsea transfer

JOSE MOURINHO has claimed Nemanja Matic asked to join Manchester United four months before sealing his move to Old Trafford.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/699886/Man-Utd-News-Jose-Mourinho-Nemanja-Matic-Chelsea-Transfer-Rumours-Gossip

Wanting Matic back is like wanting to have your toxic ex back only because your new fling does not work out too despite initial attraction. The only solution is to move on and find someone else.

And Jose is just so classless and indiscrete. He could just shut up about that matter. He really thinks everything he says is big news.

manpe, 11Drogba and DDA like this

12 hours ago, Unionjack said:

In the Star I know (◔_◔) But I believe it.

Man Utd news: Jose Mourinho makes shock revelation about £40m Chelsea transfer

JOSE MOURINHO has claimed Nemanja Matic asked to join Manchester United four months before sealing his move to Old Trafford.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/699886/Man-Utd-News-Jose-Mourinho-Nemanja-Matic-Chelsea-Transfer-Rumours-Gossip

would that be class as tapping up a player??