Nemanja Matic

.Cee

12 hours ago, Jason said:

Stats like that are so silly. There are so many other factors as to why we only won 3 when he's played and/or why we've dropped 8 points after he came on.

Indeed!

It does not establish correlation (one out of 11+) much less causation.

take the last match as an example: the double defensive cms was a manager option and it did not work.

had he (manager) opted for not replacing fabregas and things might have happened ... in the exact same way, because we were under pressure and that was the main cause! We might have even lost the match had Fabregas stayed on.

we just don't know and it's also silly to pretend we do.

Now, why we cannot impose ourselves is a team discussion, not about an individual.

Personally I would not field any player wearing that stupid mask. I don't believe they can play at the same level wearing it - unless it's Torres. :)

21 hours ago, Jason said:

Azpi? He did score a goal in midweek. :P

Must be a Spanish thing then :)

BTW, I am quite certain that if Matic doesn't play enough games he will hand in his transfer request. So, I hope we know exactly what we are doing, because he will do very well at Juventus or elsewhere - perhaps another PL club?

Sought after players don't stay on the bench for long because they (and their agents) know that their market value will diminish if they don't play.

3 minutes ago, Gilvorak said:

That's the end of his chapter. Hopefully RLC takes his minutes.

I can see him getting one more run out vs Aresenal as a starter next week, but you are probably right.

Don't know what has happened to him.

He just looks so miserable when he is on the pitch. Not only confidence is a problem but his first touch is horrible, his ball retention is awful and he is very very average defensively. 

For the moment I don't feel at all comfortable with him in the line-up. Always seems to be on a day where he is going to give a penalty away/get sent off. So clumsy. 

31 minutes ago, Hybrid Angel said:

He just looks so miserable when he is on the pitch. Not only confidence is a problem but his first touch is horrible, his ball retention is awful and he is very very average defensively. 

For the moment I don't feel at all comfortable with him in the line-up. Always seems to be on a day where he is going to give a penalty away/get sent off. So clumsy. 

I think that game at Stamford Bridge where Mourinho subbed him on and then subbed him off within 20 minutes ruined him mentally. 

He was the star of our midfield last season and now he can't even put in a 6/10 performance (apart from the Kiev games)

On 1/14/2016 at 8:31 AM, Gilvorak said:

Chelsea have won only 3/21 games with Nemanja Matic in the starting 11 and have lost 8 points from winning positions AFTER he has come on.

How ironic that those figures were reading almost the complete opposite last season, when most of the losses happened only when he was absent from the lineup.

His confidence has taken a beating this season, and it will probably take something like scoring the winning goal in a big match to restore a significant portion of it.

He definitely should not start games again any time soon, but he's not as bad a player as most are making him out to be right now. This is clearly his worst ever season, and I don't like judging players based on seasons like that.

A few months ago, people were trashing Costa no end, and now he's the figurehead of our anticipated revival.