Nemanja Matic

.Cee

I think he was ok, not that bad. Obviously people here translate an OK performance as shocking. I think next week we will see a different Matic and Fabregas. The lack of wins was creating a mini panic. This win will help. Also, note that the duo was doing fine when Chelsea went on the 3 goal streak. Terry's red changed all that.

I don't think they played amazing before JT's red card. Pedro was the catalyst for us going forward, Matic and Cesc didn't have much to do with either. I have very high standards for both. They were the best pairing in the PL last year so they need to step up to that level again.

What the hell is going on? Matic is normally the lad I can always say "But Matic had a great day" Hes Matic ffs!

I know most of the guys are sluggish physically and mentally but how long can we blame our pre season?

Summets occurring.

Apart from the pen.. i don't think Matoc was that bad tocay. Thought he was solid.

But

It seems the infamous coaching staff have trained him to only pass sideways and backwards. He hardly passed forward once and that was what made him soo effective last season aling with his ball winning skills

Don't get me wrong I love Matic but in my opinion the game he played today has been his worst for Chelsea. I'm sure he'll come good again and be the Matic we all know and love soon but today was just one mistake after the other, can't believe people aren't seeing that.

He made the foul that awarded them a penalty.

He took a yellow in the fifteenth or so minute of the game, meaning he had 75 more minutes to play on a yellow, dangerous!

He misplaced lots of passes and was bypassed on two occasions (usually no one gets past Nemanja)

He was covering Morrisson when he scored the header, should have done better.

And last but not least, he elbowed a player (can't remember which one) and at first I thought unintentional but in the replay you could clearly see he was looking at the man.

Don't get me wrong, I love Matic (actually considering putting his name on my next jersey - or Terry) but today he was aweful.

He has been pretty poor since the last few months of last season, not just this season... the same with Cesc but I think out of the two Matic was worse today, at least in phases Cesc gave us something going forward.

Would be class if he learnt how to play football again. He's been terrible for months now. Forget the 5-3 Tottenham game or the PSG match where he got schooled by Motta/Verratti this was easily his worst. Did his absolute best to throw away the game.

I think Despiado is spot on about lack of competition being the biggest factor in his poor form. When he returned here he had a point to prove, now he's rested on his laurels & has gotten too comfortable.

Yup he is realy poor atm. Or better say far from his best.

Agreed, and he has been for a long time, stretching back most, if not all, of the way to Christmas. A starting quality CM, able to give the side more balance would undoubtedly aid Nemanja's game. If we can find one before the window closes then that would be great but, if not, Matic will have to muddle on without the help. There is no one else.

His real problem is everyone pressures his left-foot which forces him to go to his right side, but he has a terrible right foot which he never uses. That's why he's been passing back under any small pressure. Compared to when people didnt know... He needs to find a way to use his right foot to relieve some pressure off himself, because he can still dribble out of pressure but he can't do it when you cover his left side.