Nemanja Matic

.Cee

not really his job anyway

I'd disagree. Kroos, Busquets, Alonso, Motta & Mascherano are all great in possession. No one's saying he has to be Roy of the Rovers but I wish he was more accurate with his passing & released the ball earlier like Makelele. He gets caught on the ball far too much for a DM.

He's sloppy at times going forward though.

His play going forward was brilliant in his first six months back but last season we restricted him due to Cesc being not so great in defense, obviously on a team level it was a sacrifice well worth making.

His play going forward was brilliant in his first six months back but last season we restricted him due to Cesc being not so great in defense, obviously on a team level it was a sacrifice well worth making.

Yeah I remember that too. When we went more defensive, it obviously restricted him going forward. But on those rare occasions he did, he wasn't that brilliant. I can only remember a shot against City that hit the bar, but his final ball isn't very good. It seems once he won a battle in midfield and get's away, he either misplaces a pass or simply slows the counter attack.

Just something I noticed is all, still a great player and of course that could just be what he's told to do.

Not sure why he was taking set pieces later on in the match. He should be in the box making the of his presence.

For some reason that's a weak point of his game. Despite his huge size he's pretty terrible at setpiece's.

For some reason that's a weak point of his game. Despite his huge size he's pretty terrible at setpiece's.

He can be useful at times. His winner against Sporting last year was one of those.

He can be useful at times. His winner against Sporting last year was one of those.

That was pretty flukey.

He's poor in the air is what I'm saying. He's missed several sitters for us.

That was pretty flukey.

He's poor in the air is what I'm saying. He's missed several sitters for us.

I would personally prefer him putting himself about in the box instead of taking set pieces.

I would personally prefer him putting himself about in the box instead of taking set pieces.

Indeed. Only reason he was yesterday is because Cesc and Oscar were taken off and we needed left footed delivery in that circumstance.

I've soured on him to be honest. He isn't really Makelele or Essien, he won't control or dominate games. He's a pure destroyer with ambitious passing & decent ball carrying ability.

This time last season he certainly was. He has gone off form a little but he is still one of the best.

This time last season he certainly was. He has gone off form a little but he is still one of the best.

Is he really? He's a very good player but I don't think he's Madrid/Barca good like I initially thought. Everyone is on Cesc's case & rightfully so but how many big games has Matic played well in himself? That PSG performance in particular is something I can't get out my mind.

I remember the days when he was the best DM in Europe according to some of yous.... and now he's not apparently. Fickle.

Hes a top player but he was never the best DM in Europe and he's been quite shite the last while. Needs to up it, gets dragged out of position too easily, he is vital to Cahill and JT more than anything.

Is he really? He's a very good player but I don't think he's Madrid/Barca good like I initially thought. Everyone is on Cesc's case & rightfully so but how many big games has Matic played well in himself? That PSG performance in particular is something I can't get out my mind.

His first game for us vs City?