Nemanja Matic

.Cee

Sean Dyche's take on the incidents...

Prepare to be entertained...

My reaction :

Only thing i would agree on with him is the first foul of Barnes only getting a yellow card but otherwise it's all bs tbh.

First penalty phase : it's a handball whether it hits his thigh first or not is irrelevant as his arm is in an unnatural position and ball hits his arm.

Same thing with the "he's not looking". So what. As if you can only intentionally block the ball when you're looking at the ball ?

Second penalty phase : Honestly since when is it alright to push a player inside your own penalty box ? Mild or not, you're supposed to keep your hands off the other player. Penalty all day long.

Barnes legbreaker : "Coming together at an unusual angle" "Aftermath of a pass". Are you fucking kidding me ?

I've given plenty of passes on a football pitch, i've never ended up almost breaking someones leg in the aftermath of one.

Also since when do the reactions of other players and supporters have anything to do with how a tackle should be judged.

By that logic if a tackle is fair but the players and crowd react badly to it it should be a foul and a red card ?

The reason why our players didn't react is because they didn't see the tackle.

All our players were watching the ball not Matic and Barnes.

Sorry about the rant. I know i'm kinda preaching to the choir here but this s*** pisses me off.

It's one thing not to throw your own players under the bus, which i get but it's a whole other story when you try to justify their actions and act as if the referee didn't just royally f*** us over.

It's disgraceful, shameless. I hope they get relegated.

if Barnes wasn't tackling Matic and his leg was just falling through due to it's momentum in pendulum motion, then why did he fall down making the challenge? it is quite visible in the video that Barne's was putting his back in to it and stomping on Matic's leg, look hop his leg was bent, fcs.... this is such a load of tosh.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/02/chelsea-fc-appalled-with-the-fa-s-decision-on-matic.html

The Chelsea Football Club Board is extremely disappointed and frustrated that the FA Regulatory Commission has today decided not to reduce Nemanja Matic’s suspension to the maximum extent permitted under FA rules.
Chelsea FC challenged the standard three-match suspension which automatically followed the red card issued to Matic by referee Martin Atkinson during Saturday’s Premier League match against Burnley.
There has been universal condemnation of the reckless challenge made by Ashley Barnes on Matic and it is the club’s view that he has been unjustly punished with a two-match ban for his reaction to a career-threatening tackle.
It is Chelsea’s opinion that referees and the football authorities must do more to protect players at all levels of the game from dangerous challenges. This decision also clearly demonstrates a need for consistency and fairness in the disciplinary process.
The club awaits The FA’s written reasons, prior to commenting further.