Nemanja Matic

.Cee

Speaking on Radio 5 Live, Chris Waddle appealed for common sense to be applied to Matic, who is set to miss next weekend's Capital One Cup final against Spurs.

'Any player in football would have reacted the same, a leg breaker, the red card should be rescinded if common sense prevails,' the former England man said.

As if the FA have any in common sense in them. Doubt whatever appeal we throw at them would knock some common sense into their head.

I love how most of the armchair experts here say they would have done the same. Players at this level are suppose to be very disciplined. This is his job. He's not some has-been park footballer. He let his team mates down and let the supporters and the club down. He will now miss a cup final and two important league games that are now must wins because of his brain snap. Very dissapointed in him.

I love how most of the armchair experts here say they would have done the same. Players at this level are suppose to be very disciplined. This is his job. He's not some has-been park footballer. He let his team mates down and let the supporters and the club down. He will now miss a cup final and two important league games that are now must wins because of his brain snap. Very dissapointed in him.

Just because he gets paid to play does not suppress basic human reactions. Sorry, but what Matic did was right. Just such a shame that he didn't KO Barnes before he went off the pitch.

As if FA have any in common sense in them. Doubt whatever appeal we throw at them would knock some common sense into their head.

Its good to have an-ex England international having a pop at the 'suits', someone they respect defending Nemanjas position - putting his head above the parapet.

JE SUIS MATIC !

I'd highly disagree on that. At the end of the day he's human. Disciplined or not, he is not a robot. Everything goes out of the window. I'm appalled at the fact that Barnes did that and didn't even show the slightest remorse. He walked away like he'd collected his daily wages. His leg bent for fucks sake. Over the span of a week, we almost lost two players if they lifted their legs off the ground a second later. To top that Atkinson didn't even give a shit. I hate how people go on about the fact that it's his job. So what? You can't buy emotion.

If anything, everyone is disappointed in the fact that he got red carded, but the fact that anyone can blame him for it and go too hard on him is unbelievable.

Despite his reaction being rather natural, we also have to think about the type of mentality José is putting the players in (particularly recently with all the decisions against us): 'battle mode', 'everyone against us', etc.

Getting players psyched like that can reap the benefits but it can also cause situations like this. Think of Ramires in general last season; José and the rest of the backroom staff kept on hyping him up by referring to him as some sort of midfield 'enforcer' and in almost every game he would be the one most likely to be sent off.

You can't take the good without the bad.

Absolutely terrifying tackle and Matic is so lucky not be using crutches for the next 6-8 months. As what comes to reaction, it is obviously not a one the club wants to see but just because your weekly salary is of biblical proportions doesn't mean you should/could abandon all basic human emotions. And it was just a shove at Barnes, and not even a tough one. Just like Jose put it at Sky Studio today, the consequence of that shove for Barnes is absolutely nothing. Matic could have seen his life's work as a footballer flushed down the toilet. Either get a ban Barnes, or cancel Matic's 3-game ban.

I remember costa suffered a potential leg breaker in pre season. He didn't violently react, which would have been more defensible than during the most crucial stage of the season.