Nemanja Matic

.Cee

The tackle gets worse every time I look at it. I said as it happened that he should have kept his cool and got criticised quite harshly on here for it. However after seeing it again seconds later he was justified in his response. My days what a bad tackle that could have ended such an awesome career thats only just got going. I feel sorry for Nemanja, I should have known instantly that he wouldn't have reacted like that for just any old tackle. Its games like these that make you wonder. Ashley Barnes could have broken his leg today, sadly that sight would have been the only way for an incompetant referee to give the punishment he rightfully deserved. Ban him. NOW.

Could we appeal the ban in any way, even if it's a straight red?

Imagine we're United for a minute, would the FA be able to absolve or lessen the punishment?

You can appeal a straight red. But it won't be successful, there's clearly intent by Matic there. It's football, not wrestling.

My stream lagged just before the incident and started working again when the tackle was shown in replay. For a moment I actually thought that Matic' leg got broken. I was relieved when I saw that he is OK, but of course his reaction was very strong. I think that during those few seconds a normal people can't think about the ongoing title competition. Someone tries to hurt you with a very nast tackle, so of course you react. It's easy to say that he shouldm't have punched the opposite player, but that was his reaction and we have to live with it now. I'm sure he regrets it, but it's easy to be smart on here and say that he did the wrong thing.

Going to be difficult without him, but I trust the team and other players.

I'll admit that I'm one of those fellas who thinks Matic should not have reacted the way he did. BUT on the other hand, I can understand why he did what he did.

What I don't get is, why was Matic rolling on the ground for 2-3 seconds after that challenge and then suddenly just got up and charged Barnes down?

And oh, he's now going to miss games against Spurs, West Ham (A) and Southampton (H). Oh the joy...

He rolls around because it hurts ofc, whats gets him up is the pure Adrenalin rush.

A push and dramatic fall to the ground after having your leg nearly broken. Context mate.

And eye for an eye makes the world blind.

He shouldn't have reacted, let the referee do his job. Even if he fails to do that, think about the bigger picture.

Yeah it's actually funny when you think about it. Hazard doesn't dive and moan, he gets his ass kicked. Matic never dives and moans, leg braking challenge on him, he gets up while bunch of other players would keep rolling on the ground.

Conclusion: Stay down and roll like a pussy...brilliant message fully showing the beauty of football...

This is exactly what I've been saying in the hazard thread. Stay on the ground and scream till the ref brings the card, but some people still don't get it that we're playing against the refs too.

NiclasCFC, on 22 Feb 2015 - 01:21 AM, said:

Do you even know what adrenaline is? are you saying this does not hurt? https://vine.co/v/OQqFgtVvVDA

Of course I know what adrenaline is! Was only judging by the way he walked off after that.

Mind you, I don't blame him at all for reacting the way he did. Was probably shocked by his reaction his anything, given he's one of the calmest players in the team.

If he was really hurt, then I doubt he would have walked without any problem after that.

The adrenalin of wanting to kill the guy that hurt you always beats the pain while you're playing sport.

He shouldn't have reacted, let the referee do his job. Even if he fails to do that, think about the bigger picture.

What eye for eye? It's a nearly broken leg for a push.

I've seen it countless times that players have this very same reaction after this type of tackles and the ref usually gives them nothing, a booking at most. That's because refs understand that he has every right to be that upset about a tackle like that.

Sorry but this no philosophy class, it's a football game that's supposed to be played by some rules. A reaction that falls foul of the rules needs to be punished but so does the action that falls foul of the rules. Of course he's going to react, he's no robot. Our season is not in jeopardy because of his reaction, our season is in jeopardy because their is an underhand (and not merely incompetent) force working against us.