Nemanja Matic

.Cee

That's why some of us think we need to buy Pogba.

I don't get why, Pogba and Matic are two completely different players.

Pogba is light-years away from Matic's defensive awareness and positioning. But the french is way better at dribbling and finishing than the serbian.

In Mourinho's current system, I think Pogba would do good if he had the role of Fabregas or Oscar. Not Matic.

I think one of the best buy Chelsea could do next summer to have a proper substitution for Matic is Lille's current best player : Idrissa Gana Gueye. He has all the same qualities as Matic and same style of play. He's not at Matic's level yet of course, but could be if he went to a club like Chelsea to further his development.

Unlike Pogba, he would have no problem being a substitute at first, he's very professionnal, and humble.

And it's a bargain, being at Lille he is waaaaayy underrated at the moment, you could have him for less than 10 million pounds, and trust me, he would be worth every penny. I reckon in a few years he will be worth 30m.

I don't get why, Pogba and Matic are two completely different players.

Pogba is light-years away from Matic's defensive awareness and positioning. But the french is way better at dribbling and finishing than the serbian.

In Mourinho's current system, I think Pogba would do good if he had the role of Fabregas or Oscar. Not Matic.

I think one of the best buy Chelsea could do next summer to have a proper substitution for Matic is Lille's current best player : Idrissa Gana Gueye. He has all the same qualities as Matic and same style of play. He's not at Matic's level yet of course, but could be if he went to a club like Chelsea to further his development.

Unlike Pogba, he would have no problem being a substitute at first, he's very professionnal, and humble.

And it's a bargain, being at Lille he is waaaaayy underrated at the moment, you could have him for less than 10 million pounds, and trust me, he would be worth every penny. I reckon in a few years he will be worth 30m.

This. Ive been saying that for ages. Gueye is the perfect kind of backup for us if we ever go for another DM.

And he wouldnt cost fortune I think. He is underrated as hell.

Pogba is not DM at all. He is b2b at best but even then he doesnt like to defend much. Its not that he cant, but he doesnt like it. He is more a AM than DM but with giant body.

No Midfielder in Europe nearly as complete as Matic. Maybe if we could weld together Mascherano and Pogba we could get something Matic-Like.

But even then we would still lack his Vision and Nonchalance.

Pogba can play as a DM without any problem like Toure did it perfectly in Barcelona (and TOure is also a box--box). Yaya and Pogba are superstars, the perfect midielders. Matic doesn't have that quality,

Pogba would play as a DM to rotate Matic, and mostly in the number 8 position with Fabregas as a number 10. But Pogba is so perfect that he can play in any position. Its like Messi, Cristiano, Toure, Suarez... you can put Cristiano in the left, iun number 10, in the right or as a ST he will be the best. The same for Pogba.

Pogba can play as a DM without any problem like Toure did it perfectly in Barcelona (and TOure is also a box--box). Yaya and Pogba are superstars, the perfect midielders. Matic doesn't have that quality,

Pogba would play as a DM to rotate Matic, and mostly in the number 8 position with Fabregas as a number 10. But Pogba is so perfect that he can play in any position. Its like Messi, Cristiano, Toure, Suarez... you can put Cristiano in the left, iun number 10, in the right or as a ST he will be the best. The same for Pogba.

Lol no. Pogba would not displace Matic as DM. He's not a DM and certainly not a better one than Matic. He may be able to play in that role, but not better than a pure DM. Pogba would replace Oscar, if anything. But we're not getting him either way.

Lol no. Pogba would not displace Matic as DM. He's not a DM and certainly not a better one than Matic. He may be able to play in that role, but not better than a pure DM. Pogba would replace Oscar, if anything. But we're not getting him either way.

We would play with Matic, Pogba and Fabregas. But Pogba can play in the DM position if necessary without any problem.. and a team that plays 60 games every season need to rotate players and one of the obvious rotations would be Matic with Pogba.

I said Pogba is better and more complete than Matic, Pogba is like Toure. Matic doesn't have that quality... Matic is better in the DM but Pogba is increadible in any position.

You cannot put Cristiano at no. 10, he's too selfish & doesn't have the brains / vision to do it.

We would play with Matic, Pogba and Fabregas. But Pogba can play in the DM position if necessary without any problem.. and a team that plays 60 games every season need to rotate players and one of the obvious rotations would be Matic with Pogba.

I said Pogba is better and more complete than Matic, Pogba is like Toure. Matic doesn't have that quality... Matic is better in the DM but Pogba is increadible in any position.

YOU say Pogba is more complete than Matic ... Well that is your opinion ,, BUT Matic is here and performed on a cold wet night

in Stoke ,, so that will do fine for me.

This. Ive been saying that for ages. Gueye is the perfect kind of backup for us if we ever go for another DM.

And he wouldnt cost fortune I think. He is underrated as hell.

I'm surprised you even know his name, that's how underrated he is ! Great to see that some people know him :yay:

How do you know him ? You watch Lille's games ?

I'm surprised you even know his name, that's how underrated he is ! Great to see that some people know him :yay:

How do you know him ? You watch Lille's games ?

Ive been watching lille regulary in Eden days. After he joined us, I stopped for awhile but started watching them again back then when we were in need of DM, and initialy I though Mavuba would be good choice, but as soon as I started watching them again, another DM caught my eye; Gueye. He was actualy better than Mavuba and younger. After we signed Matic, I knew we wont go for another DM for some time, but I still watch lille here and there; most notably europa league games or their derbies vs lyon, psg, marseille.

I was looking forward how will he cut against everton and he did well at home, but away whole lille team fell apart and he couldnt do much. Only thing he may have problems with is his size. He is realy small, strong though, but pl is another beast. But I think he would surprise a few if he ever joined us.

We did realy well with buys from ligue 1, like Drogba, Essien, hazard, even Malouda. Unfortunely there isnt many quality players there anymore, but I always keep an eye for potential players that might be good for us.

Him and Fabregas are the hearth of this Chelsea team. Love the guy :D!

Heart ? :)

Tremendous player. If we win the league this year so much will be owed to this bloke. Doesnt possess the guile and goal scoring ability of Lampard, but makes up for it with sheer physicality and mazy runs.