Nemanja Matic

.Cee

Possible. I memorised them off the few seconds they were shown on the screen.

Yeah, I saw them too.

EDIT: Just checked Statszone, and it says 2 interceptions and 11 ball recoveries. But of course the most impressive part is the 9 successful tackles!

I could play in the pivot with Matic ,,, you give too much credit to mikel .. I would rather see Ake there

I would honestly prefer to see Cesc there with him but Matic playing with Mikel and playing like that lets Mikel be a bit more positive because hes not the sole player with responsibility for holding like he was the other season playing next to Rami or next Lamps and even before that in a 3 when Essien, Ballack, Lampard etc where all here.

I'd like to see Ake get a chance but I think Matic, Mikel, Ramires, Cesc for 2 deeper roles makes it virtually impossible to guarantee him regular game time there.

I think we now know what Jose will do in the knockout rounds of the CL.

As much as a revelation as Cesc has been, him in a CM 2 in the biggest games would have been a disaster, Mikel, Matic and Cesc strikes a good balance.

Oscar and Willian can fight out for the right hand side in those games.

I think we now know what Jose will do in the knockout rounds of the CL.

As much as a revelation as Cesc has been, him in a CM 2 in the biggest games would have been a disaster, Mikel, Matic and Cesc strikes a good balance.

Oscar and Willian can fight out for the right hand side in those games.

Agreed, posted this in another thread - happy for us to do that and should suit UCL football aswell with more space.

Where is Henrique? I demand Henrique to show up! :readthemessage::readthemessage: He wasn't convinced by Matic last season, was he?

I wonder what Henrique would say about Matic now. He was one of his biggest critics. Would love to see him come and write how wrong he has been proven :D

He is literally the complete holding midfielder. Tackles well, superb strength, anticipation/reading of the game is superb, has an eye for a pass and a few goals and his dribbling ability is not that bad as well.

Not one other DM I would take over him. Eagerly looking forward to the team of the season already. At this rate we probably will have around 8-9 players on that PFA team of the year.

Why? The criticism, even if over board, were made last season or a few months ago and have nothing to do with Matic's current form. I'm sorry, but I just don't like this.

If I, for example, say that Oscar will not do well at Chelsea (which I have) then yes, I was obviously mistaken at the time and admit that I was wrong. But if I criticize Oscar for a bad game and he comes out and has a MOTM performance the next, that doesn't mean that I was mistaken to criticize him before. That is completely irrelevant.

I know you meant it as a joke, and this isn't aimed just at you, Stats, but this is just something that annoys me on forums.

Be careful Jason. Choulo will take offence and strip you off your role :ph34r::shoot: