Nemanja Matic

.Cee

Wait, what does the rest of post matter? It is completely irrelevant and doesn't effect one bit that the part I quoted is completely false.

You want me to address the other point as well? Fine:

652279dispossessed.png

Using his strength to keep the ball under pressure has always been his best attribute.

That really doesn't help your point. So he's worse at ball retention than Fabrice Muamba and Michael Carrick for all 3 years you quoted. And he's worse than Karl Henry, Barry Ferguson, Nigel De Jong, Steven N'Zonzi, Hendry Thomas, Ben Watson, Dickson Etuhu and Karl Henry 2 of the 3 years you quoted. Most of them are average players at best. And with his main work being his defenisve duties and not losing the ball... well...

Dear christ, that's even worse than I thought. He's the 14th (on average) best at ball retention in the league. Good god. Cheers for proving my point for me though xD.

That really doesn't help your point. So he's worse at ball retention than Fabrice Muamba and Michael Carrick for all 3 years you quoted. And he's worse than Karl Henry, Barry Ferguson, Nigel De Jong, Steven N'Zonzi, Hendry Thomas, Ben Watson, Dickson Etuhu and Karl Henry 2 of the 3 years you quoted. Most of them are average players at best. And with his main work being his defenisve duties and not losing the ball... well...

Dear christ, that's even worse than I thought. Cheers for proving my point for me though xD.

He's constantly in the top 20 in the league even though most teams in those 3 season specifically targeted our central midfielders because we had trouble transition the ball to the forwards and he was always used as an outlet for players under pressure. His ball retention is like no other player in the league, how in the world can you have watched Mikel all those years and try to claim other wise?!

But, by all means, carry on believing that Mikel displaces many passes and gets dispossessed too much! :lol:

He's constantly in the top 20 in the league even though most teams in those 3 season specifically targeted our central midfielders because we had trouble transition the ball to the forwards and he was always used as an outlet for players under pressure. His ball retention is like no other player in the league, how in the world can you have watched Mikel all those years and try to claim other wise?!

But, by all means, carry on believing that Mikel displaces many passes and gets dispossessed too much! :lol:

Being in the top 20 in the league constantly would be good if we were a mid-table team. If we want to be going for titles I would have thought we would want midfielders who are at least as good as Fabrice Muamba, Michael Carrick, Barry Ferguson, Nigel De Jong, Steven N'Zonzi, Hendry Thomas, Ben Watson, Dickson Etuhu and Karl Henry.

Being dispossessed more than those players is being dispossessed too much. How in the world can you look at what I have just stated (which are facts, from your data) and not see that.

The excuse about people targeting him is a good try, but I don't buy it.

"His ball retention is like no other player in the league". Actually, there are at least 10 players who have better ball retention than him season by season, but ok.

But yes, i'll keep believing the facts I see in front of me ;).

Being in the top 20 in the league constantly would be good if we were a mid-table team. If we want to be going for titles I would have thought we would want midfielders who are at least as good as Fabrice Muamba, Michael Carrick, Barry Ferguson, Nigel De Jong, Steven N'Zonzi, Hendry Thomas, Ben Watson, Dickson Etuhu and Karl Henry.

Being dispossessed more than those players is being dispossessed too much. How in the world can you look at what I have just stated (which are facts, from your data) and not see that.

The excuse about people targeting him is a good try, but I don't buy it.

"His ball retention is like no other player in the league". Actually, there are at least 10 players who have better ball retention than him season by season, but ok.

But yes, i'll keep believing the facts I see in front of me ;).

:doh:

You're really clutching at straws here. NO ONE, not even the people who bash Mikel, has ever said that Mikel is easily dispossessed! It's simply the opposite of reality!

You've changed the subject about half a dozen times and completely ignored the parts that prove your previous points false. I honestly don't believe that you have a specific point here except that you don't like Mikel and are trying to find anything to criticize him by.

But fine, continue believing whatever you insist on believing in. I give up.

:doh:

You're really clutching at straws here. NO ONE, not even the people who bash Mikel, has ever said that Mikel is easily dispossessed! It's simply the opposite of reality!

You've changed the subject about half a dozen times and completely ignored the parts that prove your previous points false. I honestly don't believe that you have a specific point here except that you don't like Mikel and are trying to find anything to criticize him by.

But fine, continue believing whatever you insist on believing in. I give up.

You say this after you have ignored everything I said about the stats you posted up? I do not dislike Mikel, I don't mind him at all but you can play him as a victim if you like.

But I agree we should stop because this is going nowhere.

You say this after you have ignored everything I said about the stats you posted up? I do not dislike Mikel, I don't mind him at all but you can play him as a victim if you like.

But I agree we should stop because this is going nowhere.

Because what you are saying makes absolutely no sense. By your logic, the likes of Essien, Ballack, Meireles, Lampard, Ramires...etc. all aren't Chelsea quality because they are even much further down that table than Mikel! Surely they are a much better benchmark for comparing than Muamba since they play in the same team?

I have answered all your points, answer me, if your main point isn't just to bash Mikel, how in the word did your argument move from "he gives the ball away too much from his sloppy passing" to "he only consistently has the highest passing accuracy with the most passes because he only passes sideways" in a few minutes? And why did you completely then ignore my point that he used to play more percentage of his passes forward than our other central midfielders?

Tell me you don't think he's Chelsea quality, or that he is too slow to be playing for us, or that his passing lacks ambition, or that he offers nothing going forward, or that he lacks dynamism. I don't agree on all of them but I would accept your opinion. But just don't bash him with ridiculous criticism just for the sake of bashing.

At first we signed him and saw his debut as a sub, my thought that who is this kid, a strong feeling that he will be 'a passanger' in Chelsea. Well in the end we ended up 'sold' him, but I thought that the last time I will be seeing him and heard his name.

How the time has changed, and how wrong my feeling was, lol. He is one of the best DM in entire world now. Glad Jose has decided to sign him back.

Unpopular opinion but I feel he was much better last season. He's had a few highs this season but he was far more consistent the previous campaign imo.

I think you, Polo, didierforever, and Lionsden are competing....I'm not sure what for though.

Unpopular opinion but I feel he was much better last season. He's had a few highs this season but he was far more consistent the previous campaign imo.

Definitely entitled to your own opinion. From what I've seen he's been a breath of fresh air. Between him and Costa they brought a sense of balance and charisma to two positions that we'd been lacking in for soooo long.