Nemanja Matic

.Cee

With that yellow card Matic picked up earlier, it means he's now on 4 already. Get one more and it's one game suspension for him. Eeeek!

As long as he and Cesc don't both get the fifth in the same match, we should be okay.

As long as he and Cesc don't both get the fifth in the same match, we should be okay.

True, and if they can survive the games against Spurs and Newcastle without picking up yellow cards they're both free to get themselves suspended for the League Cup game in which they would probably not feature either way. I think we could manage Derby with Ramires and Mikel / Ake in the pivot.

When does the yellow card thing reset?

If a player accumulates five cautions between the opening day of the playing season and 31 December in the same season, he will be suspended automatically for one match.
If a player accumulates ten cautions between the opening day of the playing season and the second Sunday of April in the same season, he will be suspended automatically for two matches.
If a player accumulates fifteen cautions between the opening day of the playing season and the last day of the same season, he will be suspended automatically for three matches.
If a player then accumulates a further five cautions then he will be hauled before the regulatory commission, within seven days of the date of the last caution. The members of a regulatory commission will have the power to deal with the player in such manner as they deem fit. The same procedure will apply for every further five cautions received by that player.

Matic's passing always goes to **** when the game becomes stretched. It's like a vicious cycle - has to cover lots of ground because of the huge open spaces so gets tired, gives the ball away sloppily, has to cover lots of ground trying to get it back, gives the ball away again...

If a player accumulates five cautions between the opening day of the playing season and 31 December in the same season, he will be suspended automatically for one match.

If a player accumulates ten cautions between the opening day of the playing season and the second Sunday of April in the same season, he will be suspended automatically for two matches.

If a player accumulates fifteen cautions between the opening day of the playing season and the last day of the same season, he will be suspended automatically for three matches.

If a player then accumulates a further five cautions then he will be hauled before the regulatory commission, within seven days of the date of the last caution. The members of a regulatory commission will have the power to deal with the player in such manner as they deem fit. The same procedure will apply for every further five cautions received by that player.

I could see a plot to give Costa more than fifteen yellow cards this season already.

I wish Matic was more involved in attack, take more shots etc, like Yaya, but I think its impossible here because we would be too open at back then because Cesc or Oscar cant cover him as holding midfielders...unless we get someone like Pogba, that would give Matic just bit more freedom.

I wish Matic was more involved in attack, take more shots etc, like Yaya, but I think its impossible here because we would be too open at back then because Cesc or Oscar cant cover him as holding midfielders...unless we get someone like Pogba, that would give Matic just bit more freedom.

What do you think of Ramires?

You think Pogba does more in defense than Cesc does for us?

I mean, I understand if you are talking theoretically, as in Pogba can theoretically do a lot more in defense than Cesc because of his superior physical attributes, but up till now for Juve, Pogba has the most freedom and least defensive duties among the 3 in the middle. Paul likes to have the ball at his feet.

Yeah well, Toure is a shit cunt when it comes to defending. And when it comes down to it Pogba and Toure aren't holding midfielders.

We have a player like that when he plays, who is more involved in attack and does defensive work as well and his name is Ramires but he sits on the bench. For bigger games if we are to go for a more athletic, balanced and dynamic midfield, using Rami at the expense of Oscar (can't see us dropping Cesc in favor of Oscar to get Rami in the team tbh) is essential if we play say Man City where they have a very powerful midfield as well as a technical one.

But Matic is not a box to box midfielder who can do both things say as well as Ramires because quite frankly he's a 6 and his best attributes are probably reading the game, intercepting and tackling. He's a very multifunctional player though with a rounded skill set which makes him so good as he doesn't just tackle or always play it safe and pass sideways/backwards (like Daley Blind has done a lot of for United recently before his injury) he can dribble players while under pressure pretty well, he has a decent ping on him and sees things going forward be it passes inbetween the lines to Oscar/Hazard/Willian or long passes like the one for Salah in the Arsenal game but if he is given more freedom we lose that protection he gives us as he will then have more of an emphasis to go and play higher or play more as a box to box player when he normally sits a bit deeper than Cesc to sweep anything up and give the team a platform to build on.