Nemanja Matic

.Cee

Maybe if you mythologize his ability to read the game, but Matic is also superb in this department. The point is he's a more dynamic player than Makalele ever was and that's what makes him better.

Erm.. In the last 15 years Paolo Maldini was the only footballer to intercept more passes than Claude. And you are seriously undermining Makelele never mind comparing two players who's roles are completely different.

But carry on.

we would say big thanks to Benfica that create a monster in 4 years,,it's prove that regular playing time will improve your skills and mentally...

Maybe Benfica's biggest contribution to Matic's development was their coach's brilliant realisation that the Serbian's best role is CM, not AM. Matic might not have earned a place in their side as an AM. Indeed I read that he was not a regular until he was switched to CM. Since the switch however, it's a whole other story.

By the way, Matic was at Benfica for 3 years not 4. :)

The best part about his game is if a pass isn't on he just dribbles forward almost effortlessly, although i don't think Mikel is as bad as general opinion suggest's, Matic is just on a complete different level.

Still cant believe we got him from Benfica in january for 25m...

I remember he was rated around 40m and we paid half less in traditionaly more expensive winter market. Unbelievable piece of bussiness.

i cant believe we sold matic to benfica we could have saved £21m

I wonder what Henrique would say about Matic now. He was one of his biggest critics. Would love to see him come and write how wrong he has been proven :D

Why? The criticism, even if over board, were made last season or a few months ago and have nothing to do with Matic's current form. I'm sorry, but I just don't like this.

If I, for example, say that Oscar will not do well at Chelsea (which I have) then yes, I was obviously mistaken at the time and admit that I was wrong. But if I criticize Oscar for a bad game and he comes out and has a MOTM performance the next, that doesn't mean that I was mistaken to criticize him before. That is completely irrelevant.

I know you meant it as a joke, and this isn't aimed just at you, Stats, but this is just something that annoys me on forums.

Why? The criticism, even if over board, were made last season or a few months ago and have nothing to do with Matic's current form. I'm sorry, but I just don't like this.

If I, for example, say that Oscar will not do well at Chelsea (which I have) then yes, I was obviously mistaken at the time and admit that I was wrong. But if I criticize Oscar for a bad game and he comes out and has a MOTM performance the next, that doesn't mean that I was mistaken to criticize him before. That is completely irrelevant.

I know you meant it as a joke, and this isn't aimed just at you, Stats, but this is just something that annoys me on forums.

I see what you mean Choulo however it is not as if I am stating that his opinion was runnish or anything. I just think it is right that when you criticize someone a lot and they come back with exceptional form, I think it is fair to admit where you have been proven wrong etc. For instance what Lionsden done in the Oscar thread. He was a big critic of him but was big enough to accept that Oscar has stepped up a level and improved considerably. I am not sure if Henrique has been on the forum recently tbh but if he is I just would like to see him accept that Matic is a quality DM. However Henrique made a few comments about Matic stating he was not good enough etc however Matic has had several consistent excellent matches for us now and it is not as if when he wrote that I slated his opinion because everyone was entitled to one. However now Matic has improved leaps and bounds, I think it is fair to request his opinion on Matic now.

I knew that he is a great Footballer, watching him at our Reserves back then. I mean it was visible. Visible! Sometimes a Player can even have a Shit-down-the-Pants Game, but still there is some Class sourounding him. Matic is such a Player. Ballack played back then. A Player who had to be put under the Gun before he even thinks about getting into a Dribbling vs 2-3 Players. And Matic was wasted at the Reserves, pulling Jaw-Dropping Passes and Dribbles. And then we sold it. I would really love to know, who made the Decision to loan him out back then.

Btw well deserved Player of the Year Award in Serbia Big Man, may you stay here fore many many Years.. I dont know many Players except Brana and Vidic there, but I believe he is already the greatest Serbian Player there ever was.

I knew that he is a great Footballer, watching him at our Reserves back then. I mean it was visible. Visible! Sometimes a Player can even have a Shit-down-the-Pants Game, but still there is some Class sourounding him. Matic is such a Player. Ballack played back then. A Player who had to be put under the Gun before he even thinks about getting into a Dribbling vs 2-3 Players. And Matic was wasted at the Reserves, pulling Jaw-Dropping Passes and Dribbles. And then we sold it. I would really love to know, who made the Decision to loan him out back then.

Btw well deserved Player of the Year Award in Serbia Big Man, may you stay here fore many many Years.. I dont know many Players except Brana and Vidic there, but I believe he is already the greatest Serbian Player there ever was.

Not even close. Dragan Džajić, Dragan Stojković, Siniša Mihajlović,

But, I'm sure he's on his way to be considered for that one day.

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/tv-shows/soccer-am/news/9584807/soccer-am-catches-up-with-nemanja-matic-to-discuss-chelseas-superb-start

"On my first day at Benfica, when I came into the dressing room, the coach asked to speak with me," said Matic.
"He said he thought I was a No 6, which in Portugal is the holding midfielder, that I will play that position and step by step I can become a great player. I asked him if he was sure! It wasn’t easy for me during the first few months but now I feel it’s the right position."