Nemanja Matic

.Cee

You do realize that rambo scored one and assisted 2 right.

As for the current theme of thw topic, the match was a one-off. Matic was as much tp be blamed as rambo and cesc for giving poor cover in the center and even hazard for giving NO cover to azpi.

We have been defensively set up without oscar starting in 3 matches- man city away, liverpool away and ATM away. In defensive organization, nothing beats those matches. All of them without oscar. I have no doubt that cesc and rambo would have got an earful from jose about their defensive contribution.

One of Ramires' assist was to an offside Ivanovic and the other a simple pass to Matic. And just because we won the big matches without Oscar doesn't mean we wouldn't have won them with him or that he won't play any this season.

One of Ramires' assist was to an offside Ivanovic and the other a simple pass to Matic. And just because we won the big matches without Oscar doesn't mean we wouldn't have won them with him or that he won't play any this season.

The move to the iva goal was started by a good cross field ball by rambo to costa if I am not mistaken. So what if iva was off? Has the score changed to 5-3?

I am not saying that we would not have won without oscar or that he won't play this season. Just saying that oscar is not as unique or as wanted defensively as they are making him out to be.

I am not saying that we would not have won without oscar or that he won't play this season. Just saying that oscar is not as unique or as wanted defensively as they are making him out to be.

But last season we had Luiz in the midfield who was more than capable of holding his own. However if we play Cesc, which it seems Jose will, then Oscar becomes much more valuable as from what we've seen so far they complement each other very well. Whilst Ramires may be more important in the counter-attacking system against big teams because of his physical attributes, Oscar offers a lot more technically and tactically. I do think Jose will still opt for Ramires and Willian though.

We would have won that game 10 nil had oscar played. Let's just get on our knees and pray his injury isn't serious otherwise our season will be derailed. we are not worthy :worship:

We probably would have lost or drawn the game had Oscar played.

We probably would have lost or drawn the game had Oscar played.

We lost the midfield battle up until the moment Everton decided to go hell for leather.

We simply couldn't control the tempo of the match from the 3rd minute on.

We lost the midfield battle up until the moment Everton decided to go hell for leather.

We simply couldn't control the tempo of the match from the 3rd minute on.

And Oscar is well known for his ability to dictate and control the tempo? LMAO. How come he couldn't influence majority of the matches we were either thoroughly outplayed or played poorly in since he joined like against Shaktar (H &A) ,Juventus (away),Liverpool 12/13, Man city 12/13 and 13/14 (H), Basel, Swansea 12/13,QPR 12/13,Newcastle away 13/14 and many many more if he's such a big impact?. Your claim/argument is not only daft but also baseless.

And Oscar is well known for his ability to dictate and control the tempo? LMAO. How come he couldn't influence majority of the matches we were either thoroughly outplayed or played poorly in since he joined like against Shaktar (H &A) ,Juventus (away),Liverpool 12/13, Man city 12/13 and 13/14 (H), Basel, Swansea 12/13,QPR 12/13,Newcastle away 13/14 and many many more if he's such a big impact?. Your claim/argument is not only daft but also baseless.

Actually in the first two games of the season he completed around 85% of his passes. What he's been doing is taking some of the defensive burden off of Matic and some of the creative work off of Fabregas.

Now I'm not going to say he's been fantastic in those games you mention because he obviously hasn't. I've even criticised him for his performances over the second-half of last season, but he's playing a different role now and he could become an incredibly important player for us.

Of course I could dig through the matches he played where he showed an ability to control the match but with you there's no point. You have a view and that's it.

By the way, is Courtois still 'flavor (sic) of the month'? You won't answer this.

To me, it's not even about that anymore tbh. I've accepted that Oscar is an unconventional, unorthodox number 10, with a different role compared to your traditional number 10. What Oscar allows is a platform for someone like Fabregas to dictate the game at a more effective rate. Frees Fabregas from his defensive shackles a lot.

i would say that would be the exact thinking of playing RAMBO-MATIC. freeing fabregas.

this match was a one-off. everton were 2-0 down in 3 minutes and played exactly like they should, "a nothing to lose mentality". we are not going to have many matches where our mid gets dominated this way and almost all of our 3 mids have an off-day defensively.

i would say that would be the exact thinking of playing RAMBO-MATIC. freeing fabregas.

this match was a one-off. everton were 2-0 down in 3 minutes and played exactly like they should, "a nothing to lose mentality". we are not going to have many matches where our mid gets dominated this way and almost all of our 3 mids have an off-day defensively.

But Fabregas operates better when his starting position is from deep. Oscar thus provides a much better platform for Fabregas to have a bigger influence on the game, and also aids us a lot better in ball retention.