Nemanja Matic

.Cee

Anyone else feel that he could be captain material in a couple of years? I mean he ticks most of the boxes; he seems very mature and professional in interviews and speaks english perfectly well. He is also a regular starter coming into his prime years and have already been at the club a couple of years. We'll have JT for atleast another year or so, but I belive Matic is the best choice when JT inevitably retires.

Doesn't strike me as a leader on the pitch TBH.

Just signed a contract extension at Roma a couple of weeks ago and is happy to stay now that they're in the CL next season.

fuck, didn't recognize it, still think OL fucked him up at the beginning but now I really like him so lets go for pogba? but aren't both too similar?

Not signing a very good central midfielder next to Matic will be like a time bomb that will undo our chances next season! I pray it doesnt happen...but if it does I have a premonition that this excellent player called Matic will have 2put out d effort meant 4two 2playerz alone...Ramires iz only effective 4tactical situations...for a club like ours that wants to combine pressing possession and counter attacking style of play next season...we do need a fucking good central midfielder next to Matic next season...games are won or lost in centre of the pitch! a fairly matured player capable of spraying long aerial passes has good technical attributes capable of supporting attack and complement matic in defensive positions so that Hazard and Oscar would be relieved of some defensive responsibilities is a must next to matic...sadly MVG lost many part of the season due to injury...i c such calibre in him...Witsel/Vidal/Gundogan(injured) and Paulinho are my likely candidates depending on Paulinho's form in WC.

Doesn't strike me as a leader on the pitch TBH.

I can see where your coming from, but I think its hard to judge him on that factor after just being with us for a couple of months. But imo he's one of the better candidates for it in a year or two. Hopefully he will step up when needed.

I think next season we should try a system with two strikers, preferably Costa and Lukaku. The whole league seems to built around the 4-2-3-1 formation, or the 4-5-1, and maybe we could add more of a threat with both a Drogba-like player as Costa and the paceful/sharp finisher of someone like Lukaku (which i think is the kind of player he is, his dribbling skills isn't grand but his power and pace would surely add to that kind of role). We still use the idea of two wingers and a attacking midfeilder (or the '10' role) but it puts more pressure in the defensive midfielder role - and that, at the moment, is seemingly on the shoulders of Matic!

I don't think so. Mourinho basically pioneered the original 4-3-3 with one striker in england and I think he's played like that in every club he's managed. The chance of us playing with two central strikers is very slim, I can't see Mourinho deviating from that. Though I would love to see us try it, preferably against smaller teams, it feels wasteful playing two deep midfielders against roll-overs.

I don't think so. Mourinho basically pioneered the original 4-3-3 with one striker in england and I think he's played like that in every club he's managed. The chance of us playing with two central strikers is very slim, I can't see Mourinho deviating from that. Though I would love to see us try it, preferably against smaller teams, it feels wasteful playing two deep midfielders against roll-overs.

In that twitter interview o guess twitter he said a 1 striker system, generally, should beat a 2 striker system. So, .1% chance he uses 2 strikers.

• 2 weeks later...