Nemanja Matic

.Cee

It's seriously rare for a guy his size to have such a good ball control and dribble. Only other I can think of are Ibra and Yaya Toure. Ofcourse he's not on Ibra's level, but it's still impressive.

Hugely missed again last night, next season will be a joy to see him back in for games such as this. I cannot see what direction this team is going in when we have to play both Ramires and Luiz, both absolute chronic together. The funds of selling those two could be more than enough to bring in someone who deserves to be next to Matic in the CM role.

Hugely missed again last night, next season will be a joy to see him back in for games such as this. I cannot see what direction this team is going in when we have to play both Ramires and Luiz, both absolute chronic together. The funds of selling those two could be more than enough to bring in someone who deserves to be next to Matic in the CM role.

Luiz performance yesterday was better than any performance Matic had with a blue shirt.

Luiz performance yesterday was better than any performance Matic had with a blue shirt.

I think your just hating men.

Matic is a real beast, almost any person can see that.

Your a big weirdo. Sometimes you make some spot on spot, other times I'm lost.

I wouldn't go that far, but Luiz did get a pretty good 7.51 on whoscored, and had an overall good game from many sources. Wish Matic played last night though.

Same folks who disregard the 90%+ completion rate of Mikel use it to slate Ramires and Luiz. The quality of the pass is only considered when that suits someone's agenda.

torture numbers, and they will confess to anything...

I think your just hating men.

Matic is a real beast, almost any person can see that.

Your a big weirdo. Sometimes you make some spot on spot, other times I'm lost.

I'm not hating, Matic is a very good DM, in fact I'm praising Luiz performance yesterday, I thought he was really good, probably his best performance as a DM. I don't know how people are saying Azi was the man of the match, when 90% of the world reckon the spanish had a nightmare night.

Matic+Luiz would be a great pivot for some tough matches, imo.

Yet we didn't win. Matic is a proper DM. Luiz is miles off being that even though he did have a good game. Btw Ramires had better long range shots than him last night and that's saying something.

I have not seen a Chelsea game were he has dissapointed me, thus far, and i am kind of ashamed how he left for so little and came back for so much. But, could he be the man in the 4-1-3-2 formation that, i hope, we could use next season? Ie, could he operate that position in the responsibility and 'skill/talent' to handle that?

I think next season we should try a system with two strikers, preferably Costa and Lukaku. The whole league seems to built around the 4-2-3-1 formation, or the 4-5-1, and maybe we could add more of a threat with both a Drogba-like player as Costa and the paceful/sharp finisher of someone like Lukaku (which i think is the kind of player he is, his dribbling skills isn't grand but his power and pace would surely add to that kind of role). We still use the idea of two wingers and a attacking midfeilder (or the '10' role) but it puts more pressure in the defensive midfielder role - and that, at the moment, is seemingly on the shoulders of Matic!

Could he be that role?