Nemanja Matic

.Cee

Didn't have a good game, but you can't really point him out because the whole team, bar Azpi maybe, didn't do well. But it is true, that he left some gaps and was ball watching on several occasions, but it could be just fatigue.

It's not simply or even fatigue.

Many of our Portuguese members who watched him week in week out reported he has stamina issues. Then he starts a bunch of matches in a short period of time in a league way more physical, tiredness - which is different from fatigue - and lack of energy (and consequently mistakes) are expected.

Not rocket science. The guy has a flaw/limitation and we should use him wisely.

'Good thing' he is cup tied in UCL and from now on he'll play mostly once a week (don't think we'll have any double journey in a EPL week).

MATIC came at the nick of time breath down, I really think we should get another MATIC kinda player. He been adding good enough energy to this team. Our three striker must go let get new two adding lukaku to make the third striker

Another amazing performance today. It's clear that this guy is one of the best in Europe in his position, like all the Portuguese based Journo's were saying. He will be incredibly crucial in the title run-in, seeing as he is cup-tied in the CL and would be fresh to play every minute in the PL.

Which two poor performances? He hasn't played a poor game since he joined us. If you're thinking about Man City FA cup, the team as a whole looked tired and he was one of the best of a bad bunch. He's been nothing short of brilliant in almost every game thus far.

I'm excited about having Matic back here as much as the next Chelsea fan, I think he's exactly what we needed, but there is no point in denying that his performances against WBA, especially in the second half where he went missing, and against City where he left many gaps and was often ball watching, were below par.

I'm not criticzing him for them. He's just arrived here and inconsistency till he settles in with the team is only normal. I'm just saying that he was back with a great performance after a week rest so maybe we do need to work on his stamina and not over play him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t3VFYR2y04

This was such an excellent game by him, especially in the 2nd half when Ramires came on.

Wish we would have our attacking players be more dynamic and imaginative with their runs especially since Matic is quite good at playing passes between the lines, but Hazard and Willian are just so static in their movement. They rarely make any attempts to get in behind defenders a la Lampard.