Nemanja Matic

.Cee

Will we actually get to know the exact deal? Today in the Portuguese media I've read Benfica demands 30m + a Chelsea player or nothing.

On one hand, I'm more inclined to believe the 20~25m figure, but then again why would Benfica agree to lose such a key player for just 20m?

Will we actually get to know the exact deal? Today in the Portuguese media I've read Benfica demands 30m + a Chelsea player or nothing.

On one hand, I'm more inclined to believe the 20~25m figure, but then again why would Benfica agree to lose such a key player for just 20m?

I presume Matic really wanting to leave and join us has some influence on the lower price but doubt it would account for the low'ish some being thrown around.

yes we will. benfica has to report the fee to the stock exchange

btw Matic is at the Berkeley Hotel in London

So with Ramires - Matic how would that compare to our rivals in Europe? (Without the hype please :))

Europe too far.

WE should compare EPL.

Prior to Matic, I'd say City, Tottenham and than Arsenal were better.

Liverpool is eh.

United is Carrick and ....

Southampton is pretty good.

Swansea good offensively.

With the addition of Matic, hopefully its just under City-Spurs.

Would quite like Kalas to go Benfica on loan, i can't see him getting many games right now, that injury at the start off the season was the worst timing ever.

He would not get many games here.

Luisao and Garay are our centre defenders, even if Garay leaves to Zenit our coach likes Jardel (our 3rd option to CD).

Don't get me wrong, i'm not being arrogant, but none of your young players would play here in Benfica right now, that's why I really don't care if there are 2 chelsea players in this deal or not.

Matic in his 1st season here didn't played a lot, he was Javi Garcia substitute. Only when Javi left to City he started to play here and after 2 or 3 months all the fans started to stay that he was really better than Javi Garcia.

Probably the deal is not done yet because of those 2 players, we don't need players like Kakuta, for his position we have a lot of players, Markovic, Djuricic, Gaitan, Sulejmani, Ola John, Cavaleiro, and a young kid that you will see a lot in the future called Bernardo Silva (i hope there are not any chelsea scouts here or you will buy this one too).

So with Ramires - Matic how would that compare to our rivals in Europe? (Without the hype please :))

2 former benfica players + luiz on the back.

I guess only Tiago (speaking about former benfica players) didn't had a lot of success there.

Europe too far.

WE should compare EPL.

Prior to Matic, I'd say City, Tottenham and than Arsenal were better.

Liverpool is eh.

United is Carrick and ....

Southampton is pretty good.

Swansea good offensively.

With the addition of Matic, hopefully its just under City-Spurs.

I think we will be above Spurs, they had awesome midfield with Modric back then, but nowdays they lack creativity. City has better midfield, and sure all major teams like Madrid, Barca, Bayern, Bvb (when fit),...however we have best attacking midfield trio in PL already.

And its not always about which midfield is better. That is not what wins you games. I think our team (with proper striker) works much better than most teams and that wins you game. We have been tacticaly awesome this year and Matic will only improve that. He can run all day and cover whole field and wont get tired.

I think we will be above Spurs, they had awesome midfield with Modric back then, but nowdays they lack creativity. City has better midfield, and sure all major teams like Madrid, Barca, Bayern, Bvb (when fit),...however we have best attacking midfield trio in PL already.

And its not always about which midfield is better. That is not what wins you games. I think our team (with proper striker) works much better than most teams and that wins you game. We have been tacticaly awesome this year and Matic will only improve that. He can run all day and cover whole field and wont get tired.

This is reference to the pivot, not our Ams....