Nemanja Matic

.Cee

Matic is superior to Marchisio.

We don't know if Pogba and Vidal are available, but they are going to cost ridiculous money when/if they are available.

I'm hearing that Gundogan is for sale, if we're bidding around 25m for Matic I see no reason why we cannot push an extra five million for the best CM in the world.

We're very thin in midfield, if he comes in and does well in the few training sessions before the game I think he'll start against United too.

And if he does, he'll make Cleverley his bitch if he's in their team. :)

I'm hearing that Gundogan is for sale, if we're bidding around 25m for Matic I see no reason why we cannot push an extra five million for the best CM in the world.

Why do people keep mentioning Gundogan? He has been injured for months now with a random back problem that is taking forever to get better.

I agree that the fact that we sold him for peanuts has nothing to do with this deal and I think it's ridiculous to say that we shouldn't be buying him just because of that. But, that said, I don't agree that the board did not make a mistake and I sure hope that they learn from this blunder in at least adding a buy-back clause for young players in the future.

We had a different director at the time. New policy too.

I disagree with those who think Matic is 'very impressive'. Not that he is bad, he is actually pretty damn good. But he is not 'very impressive'...

Anyway, if this deal goes through and he performs well, our title chances increase a lot!

Finally a player for the pivot! :D