Nemanja Matic

.Cee

People are slowly realizing he is good, but no THAT good as people were picturing him after a couple of games.

The Mourinho story doesn't make any sense tough, days ago he said Matic is his DM for next season.

Not saying that article is a lie, but it is a complete exageration.

Things like these happen at every club out there. Pissed coaches might act like lunatics from time to time.

Jose might have said something like "Come one Nemanja, I didn't buy you again just to walk the pitch against Norwich. Man up!". Or something like that, I don't know.

And then Neil Ashton, helped by his mole, came with this crappy article.

Not sure how true this is but Neil Ashton does have a record of correctly leaking Chelsea stories — must have a mole.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2620214/Exclusive-Jose-Mourinho-lashes-players-half-time-bust-Stamford-Bridge.html#ixzz30myuBu4Z

At the same time, he does have a record of spouting BS too.

At this point, I wouldn't even take any media reports seriously given everything and anything about the club, Mourinho etc have been exaggerated or blown out of proportion of late.

He has basically the same performance every game. Yeah, he may have a couple of wayward passes but he covers for the defense brilliantly, wins tackles brilliantly, can receive the ball and shield it from multiple players at the same time, all while also being able to accurately pick out a pass.

Fantastic player. As Special Juan just said, if we don't buy a top class partner for him we'd be limiting him. We have the potential to have one special midfield. Even with a CM in that level below the world class bracket like a Rakitic would be immense.

It would be a tragedy not signing the right midfielder to play alongside this lad. Almost as bad as not signing a striker.

But who ...

The only one that comes to mind is Modric. But Madrid wont sell him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KAMxP6f7hw

Pretty brilliant performances from the big lad in his short spell so far. I'm certain if he played the full season, he would have been in the team of the year.

Read somewhere that Chelsea should build around him. What do you think?

I dunno, its difficult to build around a holding midfielder. I don't think Jose is going to try to build around anybody but if he is then Eden is the obvious choice.

Read somewhere that Chelsea should build around him. What do you think?

I don't think Chelsea should build around any one player. Matic should be seen as a very important player though as he clearly got the quality.

Anyone else feel that he could be captain material in a couple of years? I mean he ticks most of the boxes; he seems very mature and professional in interviews and speaks english perfectly well. He is also a regular starter coming into his prime years and have already been at the club a couple of years. We'll have JT for atleast another year or so, but I belive Matic is the best choice when JT inevitably retires.