Nemanja Matic

.Cee

Quality management ;)

Or should I say 'the best manager in the World' ;)

spot on!!! one of the worst instances of man-management i have seen.

as for his "form", when u have to control the whole mid yourself, any player in the history of football would struggle. we can clone makelele, and he would get owned playing alongside cesc as a DM.

cant blame matic one bit. he will be out next summer. probably to city to replace yaya or maybe we sell him to arsenal and complete their squad (world class Gk and DM, something they had been clamouring for the last 10 years).

as for his "form", when u have to control the whole mid yourself, any player in the history of football would struggle. we can clone makelele, and he would get owned playing alongside cesc as a DM.

cant blame matic one bit. he will be out next summer. probably to city to replace yaya or maybe we sell him to arsenal and complete their squad (world class Gk and DM, something they had been clamouring for the last 10 years).

Excuses Excuses.

What a ridiculous comment to make, yeah we can't blame Matic one bit, it's not his fault he can't win tackles is it? It's not his fault he doesn't read the game very well is it?

Pretty sad how you make false excuses for Matic and then slate players like Ivanovic and Cesc who Matic has been just as bad as! His form has nothing to do with him apparently having to play in midfield on his own, Matic isn't even doing the basics well, if Makelele played in this team, he would still be world class, because his positioning, reading of the game, vision, tackling and passing were all outstanding, Matic is no where near that level at his best and right now he is in horrible form and is a big reason why we have been so poor this season.

Excuses Excuses.

What a ridiculous comment to make, yeah we can't blame Matic one bit, it's not his fault he can't win tackles is it? It's not his fault he doesn't read the game very well is it?

Pretty sad how you make false excuses for Matic and then slate players like Ivanovic and Cesc who Matic has been just as bad as! His form has nothing to do with him apparently having to play in midfield on his own, Matic isn't even doing the basics well, if Makelele played in this team, he would still be world class, because his positioning, reading of the game, vision, tackling and passing were all outstanding, Matic is no where near that level at his best and right now he is in horrible form and is a big reason why we have been so poor this season.

excuses? is this a joke?

its an excuse that cesc has been found out multiple times in defence (and attack), that he has been useless.

and actual LOL at anyone who thinks, "matic does not read the game at all". last year, he was the best DM in the world, today he cant read the game.

watch the man city game. matic was very good. he did not put a foot wrong. there is only so much that one person can do specially when you are playing a 2 man mid, with a useless player like cesc along with u. but obviously, now matic does not have the positioning, reading, tackling or passing in his game. lol

excuses? is this a joke?

its an excuse that cesc has been found out multiple times in defence (and attack), that he has been useless.

and actual LOL at anyone who thinks, "matic does not read the game at all". last year, he was the best DM in the world, today he cant read the game.

watch the man city game. matic was very good. he did not put a foot wrong. there is only so much that one person can do specially when you are playing a 2 man mid, with a useless player like cesc along with u. but obviously, now matic does not have the positioning, reading, tackling or passing in his game. lol

No it's not a joke, Matic has been awful, you can't blame others for his poor form, it's a cheap excuse.

Last season Hazard was the best in the PL this season he hasn't been good enough so far, last season JT was the best CB in the PL this season he has been one of the worst, Last season Matic was the best DM in the PL this season he has been awful, so has Hazard's and Terry's poor form also been down to others around them or is that excuse only for Matic?

This. People who aren't a fan of Matic would argue that it is ludicrous to say he is a top DM or compare him to Busquets for example. Any DM in our team with Fabregas being exposed how he is would struggle. Matic is not our main problem. If we had Verratti or Modric in the double pivot, Matic would look a lot better but Fabregas is not suited to playing in the double pivot. He is suited to a 4-3-3. I see Fabregas as more of a liability than Matic in our team.

No it's not a joke, Matic has been awful, you can't blame others for his poor form, it's a cheap excuse.

Last season Hazard was the best in the PL this season he hasn't been good enough so far, last season JT was the best CB in the PL this season he has been one of the worst, Last season Matic was the best DM in the PL this season he has been awful, so has Hazard's and Terry's poor form also been down to others around them or is that excuse only for Matic?

hazard's dribbling has been poor as has been his form. he is a player who relies on providing a moment of individual brilliance. so how can you even compare him to matic who is a DM. each and every DM even if he is busquets or makelele needs cover from his midfield partner(s). matic has had NONE.

JT was a CB of the system. as soon as we played a high block, he became "poor". play a low-block again and JT will be as good as last season.

matic has had good games like city, everton and palace and we have lost heavily in 2 of them. he had a poor game against newcastle and poor sub appearances against porto and soton (lol 20 minutes). and any player would go through what he is going through if u see cesc starting match after match yet you been dropped.

Hahaha... He was the best DM last year and somehow now he can't read the game, pass or tacke according to some fans.... wtf?
As Stats said, put Verratti or Matuidi next to him and you will see again how he can read the game and pass the ball. As I said in the past, Matic is not guilty for not doing the job for 2 more players in the team.

hazard's dribbling has been poor as has been his form. he is a player who relies on providing a moment of individual brilliance. so how can you even compare him to matic who is a DM. each and every DM even if he is busquets or makelele needs cover from his midfield partner(s). matic has had NONE.

JT was a CB of the system. as soon as we played a high block, he became "poor". play a low-block again and JT will be as good as last season.

matic has had good games like city, everton and palace and we have lost heavily in 2 of them. he had a poor game against newcastle and poor sub appearances against porto and soton (lol 20 minutes). and any player would go through what he is going through if u see cesc starting match after match yet you been dropped.

More excuses for him, you keep saying he gets no cover but ignore the fact he isn't even doing the basics well! Any top DM would be able to perform in our team just like Matic did last season, but fact is Matic as an individual has been awful, and that has nothing to do with Cesc.

Hahaha... He was the best DM last year and somehow now he can't read the game, pass or tacke according to some fans.... wtf?

As Stats said, put Verratti or Matuidi next to him and you will see again how he can read the game and pass the ball. As I said in the past, Matic is not guilty for not doing the job for 2 more players in the team.

LOL what on earth at you talking about? Hazard was the best dribbler in the league last season this season he ha been no where near the best, it's called being in bad form! I can't believe you needed that to be explained to you.

And no Matic wouldn't suddenly start playing better if you put Verratti next to him, as an individual he has been very poor! Matic needs to simply work to get back to his best, no matter who is beside him as long as he can't do the basics well he will continue to play bad

More excuses for him, you keep saying he gets no cover but ignore the fact he isn't even doing the basics well! Any top DM would be able to perform in our team just like Matic did last season, but fact is Matic as an individual has been awful, and that has nothing to do with Cesc.

so u r telling me that matic as an individual was awful against everton or city or palace?

so u r telling me that matic as an individual was awful against everton or city or palace?

None of our players have been awful in every single game even Ivanovic who done well against Arsenal, but overall this season Matic has been awful.

None of our players have been awful in every single game even Ivanovic who done well against Arsenal, but overall this season Matic has been awful.

answer the question. i am giving you 3 matches where among the outfield players matic was our MOTM. and you are saying he has been AWFUL, which could not possibly be further than the truth.

Consistancy in selection with the right combination of players is whats required here in my humble opinion.

Managers, coaches, ex players and pundits always go on about how partnerships are one of the most vital ingredients to achieving a good performance week in week out.

What I have seen towards the back end of last season and the beginning of this one is not one player ( including Matic ) or duo stamping their authority on the 2 centre midfield spots and claim them as their own so the other protagonists have to fight to win them back.

Now if someone as humble as me has spotted that from the terraces then I am sure that the head coach and his staff would have most definately spotted it.

At this very moment in time, I would like to see us start with Matic and either RLC or Mikel and keep that for a run of matches so as to develop that partnership in real match situations. We need a calmness infront of the back 4...not headless chickens.

I believe this would have a knock on effect with the back 4 and players like Ivanovic would pick up form on the back of it.

Of course subs can be made in the 2nd half and/or tweaks to formation to say 433 to accomodate the other players.

I know posters will say what about player x,y and z.....where are you going to play them?

Not interested....we need good partnerships throughout the team which develop into overall team performances and in my opinion, I believe the hub of the team and what gets it to start to function properly is the centre midfield.

So to recap....stick with Matic. Use one other solid lump RLC/Mikel with him and see how it pans out. It might not work 100% for a game or 2 but it needs to be stuck at

City would be better off targeting Pogba. Matic wouldn't be able to replace Yaya's qualities

Yaya is quality, but he is also City achilles heel. He represents why they struggle in Europe. Teams that take the game to city will find that Yaya is huge liability defensively, and cannot influence a midfield against quality midfield opposition. PL is different story since barely any team has the quality to play proactive against them, and the quality of midfield is not there. Or is controlling the midfield in the game plan of most managers in the PL.

answer the question. i am giving you 3 matches where among the outfield players matic was our MOTM. and you are saying he has been AWFUL, which could not possibly be further than the truth.

i just did enswer the question and no Matic wasnt MOTM in all of those games