test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

21. Nemanja Matic

Started by DavidEU,

3,825 posts in this topic

With Baka coming in, selling Matic for £40m and replacing him with a player like Badelj (a player Chelsea was linked with in the winter window) for close to half that price would be a smart move. Even better would be bringing in a player like Naby Keita, Rabiot or Nainggolan as Matic departs for the north. But I agree with those saying selling him without bringing in a replacement would be a case self-inflicted damage.

Man Utd signing Matic instead of Fabinho would cause me to breathe a huge sigh of relief and laugh my bum off afterwards. Lindelof and possibly Matic and Morata aren't signings that will change the landscape. Especially if Chels manage to land Bakayoko, Lukaku, Sandro and Van Dijk (and a Matic replacement). Only City could go on to top a summer like that but Chelsea possess the superior foundation.

3 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Matic is still a good player, but 40m is too much to turn down. It is just good business by the club. He will be a thorn in our side when we play them and will be a good addition for them. but I view bakayoko as an upgrade to Matic and we essentially will get Contes 1st choice CM + cash if this deal gets done. Sucks selling to a rival/Jose but this is a great return.

36 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

The Wiz reacts to Matic potentially leaving for Man United.

Nah .. That's more like you and all the other Matic-Haters ... If he stays ...

I'd be more like this, if he goes ...

giphy.gif

And if he leaves and does, what I expect him to do (together with Pogba and Herrera) ... namely turning our Kante-Bakyoko Midfield into this ...

newbigmac1m.jpg

Then I will be more like this ...

giphy.gif

The Thing is ... If Matic was capable to eat a Player like Yaya Toure alive fore 90 Minutes ... He can do the same with any other Midfielder out there ...

Potential and Talent can disappar for a while, due to all kinds of Factors ... But they cannot vanish forever ... And my fear is, that Jose is able to do, what Conte clearly isnt ... Namely bring out the best in Players.

BTW ... The Guy on the last Gif looks like Elajsha Wood ...

Hopefully we can hold as long as we can until deadline day or something. See if any other clubs interested on him.

34 minutes ago, RoyalBlues said:

Hopefully we can hold as long as we can until deadline day or something. See if any other clubs interested on him.

There was a story yesterday of Juve reviving their interest. That 'news' brought a mischievous idea to mind. What if the only truth here is United's denial that they had a agreed a deal with Nemanja? What if the real story is that Nemanja is planned to be a part of any business we do with the old lady? What if Juve are not valuing Nemanja as highly as we are? What if tales of United's interest are designed to get the Italian champions to be more realistic about the Serb's value in any deal?

Lot's of questions; one pure guess.

On the one hand, selling a player that won two PL's as a starter for us to a direct rival feels like something that will haunt us.
On the other hand, Man U will buy a DM/CM regardless, and by going for Matic they get a competent, solid but ultimately limited player that will also make it possible for us to spend more. I much prefer them having Matic than Fabinho. 

To me the question is whether the club sees the £40m as something that goes into the already established targets that we are very close to (Sandro, Bakayoko, Lukaku and possibly VVD), or whether it will be used for yet another player. Selling Matic would leave me a bit worried about midfield width. However, I would also enjoy seeing us target Bernardeschi for the right side. 

Since CFC have targeted Mahrez and Oxlade, it does seem like we are still going for either a RWB or RW (maybe a two in one?). 

kellzfresh and OhForAGreavsie like this

Lol hell yeah sell him to them and José for fucking 40m hahahaha

Start of the season he was shit, then with the change to 343 he was good next to N'Golo but then he had many poor games and didn't really add anything and Conte could've easily dropped him and played Cesc. 

Thank you Nemanja but it's time to go. And this is the perfect scenario. Thank you José FOR EVER OUR SPECIAL ONE HAHAHA 

Johnnyeye likes this

It would have been better if he would have gone abroad to say Juventus. I don't like the strengthening of direct rivals, which we have done in recent years. I mean bar Torres we never really buy any players from the top 6 in England. Of course, Matic isn't exactly a top player, but would United sell us Martial for example? I doubt it.

1 hour ago, Peace. said:

That is paranoia.

The same was said for Mata — since then we won two PL while Manchester United finished respectively 7th, 5th, 4th and 6th... When de Bruyne signed for Manchester City, it was all doom and dark. They finished 3rd and 4th... The same goes for Sturridge and Gallas — and probably many others that I do forget. Basically, when was the time we let one of our player go to a direct rival and had to pay the price afterward ? Had we been talking about Hazard, such a paranoia could be justified, but come on... People on this forum love to freak out, my word.

Let them have our Serbian Marshal. I am looking forward to see a midfield-three of Matic-Pogba-Fellaini — it will be a sight to behold.

It's not about paranoia or how many trophies has the player led the other club to. The bigger point here is I've never been a fan of selling a player to a direct rival, however useful or useless the player is. Take Matic's case as an example. I mean sure, he's an average player and should never be a first choice starter for us. But he's a decent squad player to have and he can come in to a decent job if needed. Now, we're gonna lose that bit of squad depth and strengthen our rivals' squad depth. The 40m bid for someone like Matic is certainly hard to turn down and if we reinvest that to get someone better, then fine. But then again, this is Chelsea we're talking about here. In any case, that part of "helping" out a rival just doesn't sit well with me.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

It's not about paranoia or how many trophies has the player led the other club to. The bigger point here is I've never been a fan of selling a player to a direct rival, however useful or useless the player is. Take Matic's case as an example. I mean sure, he's an average player and should never be a first choice starter for us. But he's a decent squad player to have and he can come in to a decent job if needed. Now, we're gonna lose that bit of squad depth and strengthen our rivals' squad depth. The 40m bid for someone like Matic is certainly hard to turn down and if we reinvest that to get someone better, then fine. But then again, this is Chelsea we're talking about here. In any case, that part of "helping" out a rival just doesn't sit well with me.

If we are talking about our best player, then yes it should be mandatory to not sell him to an English team. In any other case, if the offer is good, then we should sell him. The situation with de Bruyne has shown us that doing this kind of calculation is inefective and that if an English team realy wants one of our players, they will buy him anyway one year later from that foreign team. Had we sold him directly to Manchester City, the current situation would have been the same nonetheless — aside of us having 30 million pounds additional in our pockets.

So let's keep Matic, and what will happen ? Manchester United will regardless buy another midfielder — a midfielder that might be better than the Serbian Marshal. And as for us, we will have on our hands a player who is, a fortiori, not desired ; and who thus will waste a place in the squad.

So then let's sell him abroad for a lesser price ! Manchester United will nonetheless get their new midfielder — a midfielder that, once again, might be better than Matic. And if the Madlić of midfielders is truly desired by Manchester United, they will buy him one year later.

End result : at best, they have their midfielder and we win a hefty amount of money ; at worst, they will have their midfielder nonetheless and we will have nothing but a non desired player on our hands. This kind of scheming amounts to pissing in the wind or to try to stop a brook with your bare hands. It is useless, it does not work and is probably a waste of incomes more than anything.

As for the notion of "helping" them, it is highly debatable — if anything, it is more probably a disservice. On the contrary, a real "help" which we could provide them with would be to keep a crippling liability. So let them have their Serbian Marshal as it would not change a damn thing on the big picture and let us get rid of this average player and have good money — and most importantly, let us enjoy intricate interplays between Post-Afro Fellaini and Marshal Matic.