Nemanja Matic

.Cee

He was all over the place at times. His lack of stamina takes its tools. A proper back-up to Matic is another position on the pretty long list now of necessary upgrades in the future.

The most concerning thing is, he's been getting drawn out of position too easily. Teams are just walking through our midfield and our defence has been left hopelessly exposed, even more exposed when we have the likes of Ivanovic, Cahill and even Terry in defence.

If Matic is average, the team (and most importantly the defence) becomes average. I felt so much safer when Zouma came on. The previous time we experienced it with Ramires.

We need Mikel back to give this guy some breathing space to recover.

If Matic is average, the team (and most importantly the defence) becomes average. I felt so much safer when Zouma came on. The previous time we experienced it with Ramires.

We need Mikel back to give this guy some breathing space to recover.

I think our form since Mikel got injured means he will not be sold in summer

He was all over the place at times. His lack of stamina takes its tolls. A proper back-up to Matic is another position on the pretty long list now of necessary upgrades in the future.

I could be wrong, but I think Matic covers the most ground in the PL. If not the most, he's definitely up there at the top of the list. It's not a stamina issue. I think he's either overplayed, or he's covering too much ground. As in doing too much. We have a saying here, it's not about moving a lot, it's about moving enough.

Either way, Matic does not look fit and sharp and that's a problem. But he's definitely not the only one.

• 2 weeks later...

Been easily our worst performer in the 2nd half of the season. Don't think the Tottenham and PSG performances will ever get out my head. Mikel's never let us down that badly.

He was excellent last season but he's been woefully inconsistent throughout this season even long before the supposed tiredness kicked in. His passing seems to have worsened as the year has gone on. Surely I can't be the only one continually baffled by some of his choice of passes? Not only that but he's takes ages to release the ball at times, things Mikel has been constantly criticised for in the past.

Shame Cesc has taken the brunt of the blame for our 2nd half dip while he gets a pass.

Been easily our worst performer in the 2nd half of the season. Don't think the Tottenham and PSG performances will ever get out my head. Mikel's never let us down that badly.

He was excellent last season but he's been woefully inconsistent throughout this season even long before the supposed tiredness kicked in. His passing seems to have worsened as the year has gone on. Surely I can't be the only one continually baffled by some of his choice of passes? Not only that but he's takes ages to release the ball at times, things Mikel has been constantly criticised for in the past.

Shame Cesc has taken the brunt of the blame for our 2nd half dip while he gets a pass.

Oscar takes that title. But yeah, Matic has been terrible since the red card at Burnley