Nemanja Matic

.Cee

When Toure was at his best he was a crazy force going forward as well as defending. Matic is amazing and I love him, but Toure used to be quite a bit more dangerous going forward imo. Currently though? Not even a question, Matic is much better.

He was good defending but world class going forward. Matic is the man defensively

Toure can score a lot more

And Toure can play in any position of the midfield as a world classe player. There is no possible comparison between the 2. Matic is really good but Yaya was (and still is at the age of 31) in another planet.

Another overrated player in here, he is really good, one of the best in the world... but Toure was a lot superior and still today with almost 32 years old Toure is an incredible player.

Players don't reach their peak at the age of 31. They reach it with 27,28... Matic is almost there.

Reaction: Hard to beat

Two men instrumental in our victory at Anfield yesterday, John Terry and Nemanja Matic, spoke afterwards about the collective effort of the team, which helped ensure we were able to stretch our unbeaten run since the start of the season to 17 matches, a club record.

For only the third time in a Premier League game this season we found ourselves behind at Liverpool but not for long as Gary Cahills persistence paid off to level the scores up. After plenty of Chelsea pressing and probing we then took the lead midway through the second half courtesy of Diego Costas 10th goal of the season.

Matic, named man of the match afterwards, produced another impressive midfield performance but the Serbian was quick to credit his colleagues after a ninth league win of the campaign.

We worked very hard, he said. I think everyone in the team deserves this [man of the match] trophy. We are very happy because it was a very important three points.

Its difficult to play against us and I hope that will continue. We are playing very well right now, we are working hard every day and we are concentrated.

We are in a good moment. Its great for the club and for our fans. I hope they are happy because we are also happy.

Terry agreed with his team-mate regarding the efforts of the side as a whole, and he also singled out the performances of Matic as one reason for our success so far this year.

Hes been different class since he came back, assessed the skipper. Hes a real player for the team.

The whole team has put in big performances week in, week out but hes been at the heart of that. Hes been superb.

Terry, unlike most of his Chelsea colleagues, will not be going away on international duty in the next few days and the skipper is already looking forward to our return to action in a couple of weeks time.

We never looked like losing the game which has been our key this season. Hopefully we can come back and continue our form after the international break.

Weve seen everyone beating everyone else so far, and thankfully weve had a good run. Were proving hard to beat at the moment and long may that continue.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2014/11/reaction--hard-to-beat.html

If Matic happy, I'm happy

Dwarfing them all, however, was Nemanja Matic. ‘Please give him (the credit) he deserves,’ said Mourinho. ‘He was signed in the most difficult market for players (in January) so the second half of last season was a space of improvement and adaptation. At this moment he is a giant. Not for his size, but the way he plays.’

Among his many duties, Matic gave Chelsea’s team talk. ‘Nemanja said if we wanted to be champions we had to win,’ Cesar Azpilicueta revealed. ‘If the target is to be champions you have to come to these stadiums and get a result.’

Matic throwing his name into that hat for our next captain? :P.

He's definitely un-droppable, spent some of his young career at this club and if he starts showing leadership qualities by giving team talks like that then I guess he has to at least be in with a shout with people like Ivan and Cahill.

^^ don't touch the CL win... If we altered any variable from that very tight win, the outcome would've been undoubtedly different. :)

---

A more disciplined, professional, and correct Yaya Toure. Not to mention Matic can actually defend!

Had we bought Yaya back then, as good as he has been in the PL, we wouldn't have it as good as we have it right now with Matic.

Matic also performs equally well in the CL - same can't be said of Yaya.

To be honest, if it wasn't for that he wouldn't be the player he is now. Iirc, Chelsea saw him as an attacking midfield player pre-Benfica and it's in Portugal he was changed into the DM he is now.

Totally agree. I think sometimes, a player needs to move to really grow. Look at Robben for example, he was great but he never became a true top player until at Bayern recently.

Anyways, out of curiosity how many times has Matic been sent off in his career? He is so physically dominant and aggressive yet I don't think he is a rash red card risk. It's amazing how he does it.

Edit: I think KDB might be another player who needed to leave in order to shine and develop.

Happy to see that he played every league game so far. Top quality player with a huge work ethic. Fantastic signing and great to see him become a starting XI player after his 17 league appearances last season after arriving in January from Benfica.

Chelsea to reward Matic with bumper new deal

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2014/11/18/6245231/chelsea-to-reward-matic-with-bumper-new-deal?CMPID=TWUK_141118_maticnewchelseadeal

Interesting? Matic has 4 more years on his contract and is offered a new one while there's still no word on Hazard who has 2 years left.