Nemanja Matic

.Cee

But Fabregas operates better when his starting position is from deep. Oscar thus provides a much better platform for Fabregas to have a bigger influence on the game, and also aids us a lot better in ball retention.

Fabregas isn't tested in that role behind the striker in the PL, yet. For all I know, he could work his magic more effectively from there.

Fabregas isn't tested in that role behind the striker in the PL, yet. For all I know, he could work his magic more effectively from there.

In our system, it's much better he operates from deep simply because he'll have more time and space to pick out his runs from deep and also more vision on the pitch. I'm not basing this on what he's done here, just basing it on his attributes as a player. He'll be able to ping through balls better instead of constantly being surrounded in tight spaces by their CMs and CBs.

But Fabregas operates better when his starting position is from deep. Oscar thus provides a much better platform for Fabregas to have a bigger influence on the game, and also aids us a lot better in ball retention.

fair enough. but against big teams and specially against teams like everton who are quick in their passin and against whom we will have to do our share of defending, ramb-matic will be much better option.

also, while cesc's strength would be playing deep, he would be a great no.10 too. while oscar gives us workrate, cesc would give us clinicality in that role.

fair enough. but against big teams and specially against teams like everton who are quick in their passin and against whom we will have to do our share of defending, ramb-matic will be much better option.

also, while cesc's strength would be playing deep, he would be a great no.10 too. while oscar gives us workrate, cesc would give us clinicality in that role.

Yup I agree. Ramires is a must for me in big games because of the legs he adds to our midfield. He needs to improve defensively though, he's a lot better than what he showed against Everton.

In our system, it's much better he operates from deep simply because he'll have more time and space to pick out his runs from deep and also more vision on the pitch. I'm not basing this on what he's done here, just basing it on his attributes as a player. He'll be able to ping through balls better instead of constantly being surrounded in tight spaces by their CMs and CBs.

Fair point. Let's just hope that Jose finds his preferred formation and starting eleven soon. Also separately for bigger and smaller sides.

I remember people wanted coutinho over Oscar, yet its Coutinho thats losing his place on a midtable team.

Coutinho has not lost his place at Liverpool. He will be rotated there. IMO Oscar would not get into Liverpool's team as well as they have Sterling in the diamond role. Coutinho plays as the LCM for Liverpool but has more of an advanced role. Pointless argument.

Coutinho has not lost his place at Liverpool. He will be rotated there. IMO Oscar would not get into Liverpool's team as well as they have Sterling in the diamond role. Coutinho plays as the LCM for Liverpool but has more of an advanced role. Pointless argument.

LOL. Oscar would not get into Liverpool startin 11, but gets on Chelsea 11 and brazil...

He would lose out to a team of all brits minus mario for a spot right?

LOL. Oscar would not get into Liverpool startin 11, but gets on Chelsea 11 and brazil...

He would lose out to a team of all brits minus mario for a spot right?

And what is the reason David Luiz could not get into our team then? But guess what he could get into Brazil and most other teams in the world.

And yes, Oscar would not get into Liverpool's team. Whose place would he take? Not Sturrdige. Not Sterling. Not Balotelli. Whose place would he take?

Either way my point is you can't judge that one player is better than another because that certain player could not get into the team.

And Oscar is well known for his ability to dictate and control the tempo? LMAO. How come he couldn't influence majority of the matches we were either thoroughly outplayed or played poorly in since he joined like against Shaktar (H &A) ,Juventus (away),Liverpool 12/13, Man city 12/13 and 13/14 (H), Basel, Swansea 12/13,QPR 12/13,Newcastle away 13/14 and many many more if he's such a big impact?. Your claim/argument is not only daft but also baseless.

Liverpool were bolax in the 1-1 in 12/13, how they got a point still beats me.

Which Swansea game are you referring to? can't be the one we lost but dominated the game surely?

Also City at home we were by far the better team in the first half and should have been out of sight by half time.

And what is the reason David Luiz could not get into our team then? But guess what he could get into Brazil and most other teams in the world.

And yes, Oscar would not get into Liverpool's team. Whose place would he take? Not Sturrdige. Not Sterling. Not Balotelli. Whose place would he take?

Either way my point is you can't judge that one player is better than another because that certain player could not get into the team.

David Luiz doesnt fit Jose Mourinho. Its really not a difficult concept.

LOL. Oscar plays the football that Rodgers wants Coutinho to play. Oscar is exactly what Rodgers wants in Coutinho. The cam that would press to death the opposition and score goals....

So, now hendo, sterling, daniel and joe allen are better options than Oscar for liverpool...TEAM GB OLE!

LOL. Oscar plays the football that Rodgers wants Coutinho to play. Oscar is exactly what Rodgers wants in Coutinho. The cam that would press to death the opposition and score goals....

So, now hendo, sterling, daniel and joe allen are better options than Oscar for liverpool...TEAM GB OLE!

If Rodgers wants Coutinho to play like Oscar, he's making a mistake.

Coutinho's strength is his attacking ability & flair....unlike Oscar who's main strength is defensive workrate.

If Rodgers wants Coutinho to play like Oscar, he's making a mistake.

Coutinho's strength is his attacking ability & flair....unlike Oscar who's main strength is defensive workrate.

As well ask work rate, so far this season he had improved his positioning too. Allowing him to drop deep for both Matic and Fabregas

LOL, you are completely off it. Oscar does not score enough goals for a start. So wrong.... and Oscar is not a natural CM. Come on wake up. He would get starts like Coutinho but he would not be no guaranteed starter. Sterling has been excellent for Liverpool since moving in the no.10 role and if you think Oscar would replace him there you are completely wrong. But yes, Oscar would not take over Henderson, Sterling or Sturridge. Fact.

LOL, you are completely off it. Oscar does not score enough goals for a start. So wrong.... and Oscar is not a natural CM. Come on wake up. He would get starts like Coutinho but he would not be no guaranteed starter. Sterling has been excellent for Liverpool since moving in the no.10 role and if you think Oscar would replace him there you are completely wrong. But yes, Oscar would not take over Henderson, Sterling or Sturridge. Fact.

LOl, fact.

Fact is Liverpool should of lost their first game, got whanked their second game and did well their third game. Fact, Liverpool lost to a chelsea side without oscar, hazard, willian, ramires, JT and Cech...

Fact, England won 0 games in brazil this summer.

Fact, Oscar is more of a cm than Coutinho is.

Fact, Oscar scored double digits every year for the past 3 years...

Fact, Sterling is good, but it is he who would not make Chelsea 11.

LOl, fact.

Fact is Liverpool should of lost their first game, got whanked their second game and did well their third game. Fact, Liverpool lost to a chelsea side without oscar, hazard, willian, ramires, JT and Cech...

Fact, England won 0 games in brazil this summer.

Fact, Oscar is more of a cm than Coutinho is.

Fact, Oscar scored double digits every year for the past 3 years...

Fact, Sterling is good, but it is he who would not make Chelsea 11.

You are going off topic. You made the point that it was laughable for people to say Coutinho was better than Oscar when he can not even get into a mid-table team. Well first that is rubbish because they are not a mid-table team and secondly I disagree because like I was saying there is no guarantee that Oscar would get into Liverpool's team either. Coutinho was very effective last season in that CM role tbh. He struggled against big teams but against smaller teams he done well in that position.

Sterling may not make our 11 but same way you could say Oscar would not make Liverpool's team. Not because he is a bad player but where does he fit in. FWIW I would have Sterling over Oscar. For the record I don't think Coutinho is better than Oscar. I am just making the point that just because Coutinho does not get into Liverpool, that does not mean he is a worse player than Oscar because Oscar would not be a guaranteed starter on the team sheet at Liverpool himself. We are better than Liverpool and yes Oscar might get into us but that does not mean he will get into inferior teams such as Arsenal and Liverpool.

You are going off topic. You made the point that it was laughable for people to say Coutinho was better than Oscar when he can not even get into a mid-table team. Well first that is rubbish because they are not a mid-table team and secondly I disagree because like I was saying there is no guarantee that Oscar would get into Liverpool's team either. Coutinho was very effective last season in that CM role tbh. He struggled against big teams but against smaller teams he done well in that position.

Sterling may not make our 11 but same way you could say Oscar would not make Liverpool's team. Not because he is a bad player but where does he fit in. FWIW I would have Sterling over Oscar. For the record I don't think Coutinho is better than Oscar. I am just making the point that just because Coutinho does not get into Liverpool, that does not mean he is a worse player than Oscar because Oscar would not be a guaranteed starter on the team sheet at Liverpool himself. We are better than Liverpool and yes Oscar might get into us but that does not mean he will get into inferior teams such as Arsenal and Liverpool.

Liverpool is a midtable team. they were eliminated early for both domestic cups and didnt play in Europe. Liverpool allowed 50 goals in last season, which will probably be worse now with the loss of Suarez.

No one on lIverpool minus Hendo is good at pressing. Liverpool plays an open games and allows the offensive players to shine.... I guess since both willian and Oscar play defensively for Jose, they are purely defensive ams right? Or the fact Jose wants them to play like that? Kind of like how Di maria played for Jose at madrid....

Its obvious. You like Sterling because you share nationalities. Its ok, its rational and reasonable.

Liverpool is a midtable team. they were eliminated early for both domestic cups and didnt play in Europe. Liverpool allowed 50 goals in last season, which will probably be worse now with the loss of Suarez.

No one on lIverpool minus Hendo is good at pressing. Liverpool plays an open games and allows the offensive players to shine.... I guess since both willian and Oscar play defensively for Jose, they are purely defensive ams right? Or the fact Jose wants them to play like that? Kind of like how Di maria played for Jose at madrid....

Its obvious. You like Sterling because you share nationalities. Its ok, its rational and reasonable.

They probably finished higher than us because they did not have the distraction of Europe but the fact is they are a top 4 team. They are not a mid-table tea. It is that simple. Time will tell how the loss of Suarez and addition of Europe affects them but as it is they are a top 4 team. Fact. Yes, Oscar's pressing may suit Liverpool's pressing but he still would not be a guaranteed starter imo. While he could do a job in CM, he does not have the natural composure, balance and passing skills required of a very good CM. That is why he would not walk into Liverpool's team.

NO. Let's no go there. I like Sterling a lot and yeah I support him on a bit more because he is Jamaican but that is nothing to do with why I think he is better than Oscar. I just think he is. Sterling makes assists, has great balance/strength, his passing is quite impressive, brilliant pace, acceleration and dribbling and seems to get better every game whereas I cannot say the same about Oscar. He only cemented his place into Liverpool's first 11 around late December and got into double figures. While Oscar has good defensive work rate, his general attacking play is not that good.