Sherlock

Strike

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The series hit it's peak with "The Reichenbach Fall". That was an awesome episode. Even the one on the Hounds was good

Re: 3rd season. They built up Magnussen okay. Made him seem powerful but Moriarty is a different level altogether. The next season will easily top this one

Season 3 was really disappointing. Sloppy writing, nonsensical plots, and massively overly sentimental. We get it. Sherlock and Watson are friends. We don't need hours discussing their friendship. How about you know, actually solving a case or two. The 3rd episode has more plot holes than plot and the spoiler reeks of desperation, writers out of ideas. Loved the first two seasons so sad to see it fading into self-parody.

I enjoyed series 3, I am a big fan of Sherlock Holmes, in many forms the original books and many different incarnations of him.

I do love Benedict as him a great blend of seriousness and wit.

The thing that annoys me is we wait so long for it and 3 episodes and it's done, I don't see why they don't do more so many shows j watch have like 24 episodes a season or even 13, it's ridiculously short.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I love the series and didnt mind series 3 at all. Seems the series 4 will start next year after the 1 off special already started filming to be shown around Xmas

Ive actually liked most of the different Sherlock Holmes series and each Holmes has brought something different to the character. 1 thing the Brits do well are detective series.