Chelsea v Man United

Jase

No. Even if we were to sign Matic by then, I wouldn't expect Mourinho to throw him straight into a big game as he is more likely to stick with the tried and tested formula against United that has been working for the past few games.

Matic isn't a kid any more he is more then capable of coming in to a game like this and dominating United's weak midfield!

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matic isn't a kid any more he is more then capable of coming in to a game like this and dominating United's weak midfield!

Think you are well over-estimating the situation and underestimating United. Why try to fix something now for a big when it ain't broke? Mikel, Luiz and Ramires have done well in recent games to get us where we are right now and they should continue to start. Even with the few days, Matic would still need time to adapt to what Mourinho wants and knowing his nature, I doubt he will take the risk to throw someone in new straight into this game. If there's a game for him to start, then it's Stoke next weekend.

I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that Matic could get a start if he was signed in time. Mourinho does like to throw in the odd curve ball and it's not like that midfield couldn't do with improving. Plus Matic wouldn't be asked to do much more than he's already doing. The question marks would be over him dealing with the pace of the game, but it's not like he'd be facing Toure or Ozil in his first game.

They also have RVP and Rooney and statistically, they have only lost one game with those two this season. that also have something of an effect on results and they will both be fit to play against us.

They don't have RVP and Rooney is a doubt and even if he plays he'd be far from 100% fit.

From Redcafe

I'm trying to stay optimistic, but this is Jose's Chelsea, so I just can't see us winning. Everything will go their way.

Jose's never lost at home in the PL. Moyes has never won at Stamford Bridge. Can't see anything other than a Chelsea win

They're probably more optimistic of us then we are lol.Duno just got a eeek feeling.Then again had that before Arsenal and Liverpool and then turned out fine,Maybe cause never hear the end of it..at all if they win.Especially Jose's record and how the likes of Swansea etc have beaten them.Hey ho just gotta turn up and play how we have been.Play decent and dont go crazy at the back,take chances

They're probably more optimistic then us lol.Duno just got a eeek feeling.Then again had that before Arsenal and Liverpool and then turned out fine,Maybe cause never hear the end of it..at all if they win.Especially Jose's record and how the likes of Swansea etc have beaten them.Hey ho just gotta turn up and play how we have been.Play decent and dont go crazy at the back,take chances

From what I read in Redcafe yesterday, seems the predictions or feelings are even. Some think they will lose. Some think they will win while others will be happy with a draw.