Chelsea v Man United

Jase

We manage to grind out result and win a couple of games and all of a sudden we are "so much better" than the defending champions and winners of 5 of the last 7 league titles smh.

Not sure if you've heard but United changed managers over the summer. It seems to have had something of an effect.

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are gonna copy our 1st leg approach, could see this end as 0-0

but that wont work on us! in the game at old trafford United were scared to really attack us and get players forward as they were so scared of us counter attacking them, same as Arsenal, they were scared to commit players forward as they were scared of being counter attacked!

If they sit back we have enough quality to wear them down and score some goals!

I think we will play -

Cech

Azpilicueta - Cahill - Terry - Cole

Matic - Ramires

Hazard - Oscar - Willian

Torres

I think Willian will play on the left to help Ashley out against Valencia and Rafael and Hazard will play on the right and terrorise Evra!

Or if Jose decides to take the cautious approach

Cech

Matic - Luiz

Ramires

Hazard - Torres - Willian

I think we will play -

Cech

Matic - Ramires

Hazard - Oscar - Willian

Torres

I think Willian will play on the left to help Ashley out against Valencia and Rafael and Hazard will play on the right and terrorise Evra!

Or if Jose decides to take the cautious approach

Cech

Matic - Luiz

Ramires

Hazard - Torres - Willian

What?

Would be terrible to lose Jose's home record to Moyes of all people (where's the running away in fear smiley when you need it?).

Definitely not an easy match, though on paper we seem to be favorites. If our defence holds as well as in last matches we can do well.

Not to confident about this one wont be easy and a walk over.Them winning Saturday boosts confidence and if they go through next week in the CC even more.Be a tough game and wouldnt be surprised if they leave with something...long as it aint all 3!!

Not sure if you've heard but United changed managers over the summer. It seems to have had something of an effect.

They also have RVP and Rooney and statistically, they have only lost one game with those two this season. that also have something of an effect on results and they will both be fit to play against us.

They also have RVP and Rooney and statistically, they have only lost one game with those two this season. that also have something of an effect on results and they will both be fit to play against us.

All the reports I've seen suggest RVP is out for a while and Rooney is touch and go for this game, so try and cheer up a bit. :yay:

If the reports are true that he could sign for us by Wednesday then i would expect Matic to start

No. Even if we were to sign Matic by then, I wouldn't expect Mourinho to throw him straight into a big game as he is more likely to stick with the tried and tested formula against United that has been working for the past few games.