Chelsea v Man United

Jase

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird match. This isn't the United that I've grown up with. Just understand who Manchester United are in the life of any football supporter under the age of 30. They've been THE team, even when we were winning the league, or Arsenal were winning the league. Yes we beat 18 other teams to the title but we also beat United.

They were the team who I remember us beating in my first season as a member, home and away (<---my avi is Gav scoring).

They were the team that destroyed us in that cup final.

They were the team who beat us at Villa Park in the semis.

They were the team who beat us in Moscow.

I've never experienced a time when United weren't just in poor form, but looked genuinely.....average? They're not the fearsome behemoth I remember. They look like Tyson after one fight too many, or Tiger after waitress number 23 was revealed. I literally have no idea how this match will play out and the presence of Rooney will be massive.

Still if it wasn't United I'd be fairly confident, but this is just the type of match the football gods will choose for us to lose the home record to. I'd probably go with a similar team to today's with Mikel in for Luiz but if Mata actually gets a start I wouldn't be too surprised.

Really looking forward to this match. :blue scalf:

when did this happen? i thought moyes in his PC said that RVP would be ready for our game.

No that was just a rumor that came out of no where. What Moyes literally said is that Rooney could be fit for this game and might be a while longer.

Go straight for the jugular, intimidate them, remind they where they are and they won't have a response. They're at their lowest point in decades right now:

- They don't know what style to play.
- Their players look lost when they go behind.

- They have absolutely no energy in midfield.

- Rio and Vidic look like they've packed it in already.

If I were them I would be dreading having to deal with Hazard, Oscar and Willian - Rio will be shittin' kittens.

They're very reliant on RVP and Rooney, which I doubt the both will be fit for. Even if they are, they won't be 100%.

We're starting to throw serious punches in the bid for the title and these are there for the taking in our very own back yard. I'd be very disappointed if we approached the game like Arsenal did at Old Trafford. Judging by the City game though I think José will do all he can to get the 3 points, which is great.

I'm not saying we deserve to thrash them, but we can certainly go and dominate this game - we're the better side by miles.

They are gonna copy our 1st leg approach, could see this end as 0-0

Remember in the first leg BOTH sides were blatantly looking for a draw. This time it will be just them looking for it. We overestimated them there. First of all, they were league champions while Chelsea was just starting to rebuild itself. Secondly, there was no indicator Moyes was going to be a flop. And lastly, they were playing at home.

This time around, even if Chelsea starts with a conservative lineup, there is zero chance we'll be looking for a draw.

Must win game. Jose's tactics have been to get a point away to all the big teams. Which means he must win all the home games and this is a must win.

I'm actually glad United are winning today cause I was scared our players may become complacent if they thought they were going to win against United without even kicking a ball.

Put Utd to the sword. We are so much better than them. And hammer the nail in Moyes's coffin a bit further.

We manage to grind out result and win a couple of games and all of a sudden we are "so much better" than the defending champions and winners of 5 of the last 7 league titles smh.

We manage to grind out result and win a couple of games and all of a sudden we are "so much better" than the defending champions and winners of 5 of the last 7 league titles smh.

I'm basing my opinion on this season so far, not the last 7. Sure utd are getting a bit better now but so are we.

I have a strong feeling we'll put Manchester United to the sword here, winning by a very comfortable margin, even though that's not our usual style under Mourinho. With Van Persie, and also possibly Rooney, ruled out there's a very small outlet for goals... I couldn't imagine their midfield of Cleverley, Fletcher and Carrick to cause any trouble against us. Their defense is leaking goals as well, we've conceded one goal to their eight in the last few games. :D

Please whoever score against Chelsea should all play because this is not Benitez defense or Robert Dimetio defense where they think he alway score against this club so let play him well the BPL best strike did not score so not even Hernandez I bet you on that

It's like you're not a Chelsea fan.

Yes, we are better than them and we are going to hammer them.

Poslato sa LT30p