Thomas Hitzlsperger announces he is gay

Amblève.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before anyone attacks manpe, I think he's saying he doesn't care whether a player is gay or not, which is the absolute right attitude to have. It doesn't and shouldn't make a difference.

Sort of. I read the thread title and this was the first thing to come to my mind. The fact he was a footballer makes no difference to me. People devoting time to such matters are idiots as far as I'm concerned, and by that I mean the people who do care and have any other reaction than indifference to a stranger's sexual orientation.

Sort of. I read the thread title and this was the first thing to come to my mind. The fact he was a footballer makes no difference to me. People devoting time to such matters are idiots as far as I'm concerned, and by that I mean the people who do care and have any other reaction than indifference to a stranger's sexual orientation.

Great post, totally agreed.

But I think the reason people are making a fuss of it, is because it's a positive thing... unfortunately there is a stigmatism of sorts associated with gay sportspersons, so it is a big step forward in that regards. But I totally agree, nonetheless. Someone's sexual orientation is a non-story, as far as I'm concerned. Let's move on!

I'd say (if you look past the PC nonsense) it's probably best to keep it to your self if you're gay in sports, due to the communal showering. If it wasn't for that fact.. then fair enough. Otherwise Eva Carneiro would be in there lathering up with JT and the lads. I'm only speaking common sense, so don't get offended.

I'd say (if you look past the PC nonsense) it's probably best to keep it to your self if you're gay in sports, due to the communal showering.

Why? Because the gay people will automatically try to rape the straight ones when they drop the soap? Grow up for fuck's sake.

It has nothing to do with rape, it's just nature, if an openly gay man is allowed in a communal shower then so is Eva Carneiro.

Simple.

Off with them gays, they don't deserve to live normal lives among the rest of us, is that what you're saying? Seriously?

Never understood this attitude that you shouldn't care about stuff like this because there's nothing wrong with homosexuality. Well guess what? Gay people face social stigma and discrimination EVERY DAY and for you to have a passive attitude like "who cares" is fucking sickening tbh. It's a bad attitude to have towards it and shouldn't be glorified as "the right attitude." Ugh.

Also, I read that he has no need to come out because heterosexual players don't feel have to announce their sexuality (dave30)...JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!

Never understood this attitude that you shouldn't care about stuff like this because there's nothing wrong with homosexuality. Well guess what? Gay people face social stigma and discrimination EVERY DAY and for you to have a passive attitude like "who cares" is fucking sickening tbh. It's a bad attitude to have towards it and shouldn't be glorified as "the right attitude." Ugh.

No, it definitely is the right attitude. Exactly the same as it is the right attitude not to give a fuck about someone's religion, for instance. The only reason why people face discrimination is because of a narrow-minded majority who do make an issue out of it.