• Ramires
    • Hazard
    • Oscar
    • Willian
    • Torres
    • Mikel (sub)
    • Schurrle (sub)
    • Essien (sub)

I can't believe the reactions here when the match was 0-0. The team was okay, and the win was a matter of time. Same about the Brazilian commentators bitching about the "lack of creativity". For me its cleat that its not the same as the first matches of the season, when the team was boring, lacked urgency, and the goal always looked like an impossible task.

I'm glad we scored when Mourinho was planning changes. In fact I dont see how Mata or Schurlle would have helped the team today. Mata is not a player for this kind of away match, Willian and Oscar were both having a good match.

The team was solid, and it never looked like Hull would scored (in other matches, when the opponent was attacking you just get the felling that they would score at some point). Ramires had a bad game by his standards. Luiz was dominant in the air, made some good interceptions, despite his horrendous shoot in the beginning of the 2nd half, he had a good game. I think its just funny that Mourinho is using Luiz as a DM, he even said days ago that he think Luiz is a very good midfield player, and some thought it was just another bullshit coming from Benitez.

Hazard speaks for himself, and Torres scored, so he redeemed himself after killing 1000 attacking opportunities.

ps: I hope Ivanovic won't be playing as a RB any time soon, Cole and Azi should be our full backs.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe the reactions here when the match was 0-0. The team was okay, and the win was a matter of time. Same about the Brazilian commentators bitching about the "lack of creativity". For me its cleat that its not the same as the first matches of the season, when the team was boring, lacked urgency, and the goal always looked like an impossible task.

I'm glad we scored when Mourinho was planning changes. In fact I dont see how Mata or Schurlle would have helped the team today. Mata is not a player for this kind of away match, Willian and Oscar were both having a good match.

The team was solid, and it never looked like Hull would scored (in other matches, when the opponent was attacking you just get the felling that they would score at some point). Ramires had a bad game by his standards. Luiz was dominant in the air, made some good interceptions, despite his horrendous shoot in the beginning of the 2nd half, he had a good game. I think its just funny that Mourinho is using Luiz as a DM, he even said days ago that he think Luiz is a very good midfield player, and some thought it was just another bullshit coming from Benitez.

Hazard speaks for himself, and Torres scored, so he redeemed himself after killing 1000 attacking opportunities.

ps: I hope Ivanovic won't be playing as a RB any time soon, Cole and Azi should be our full backs.

ive stopped reading the match thread while the game is going on ,, PANIC ,,IMPATIENCE and NEGATIVITY live there

I said at half time that the most important thing is that we didn't concede a goal. That, to me, is the difference between our performances of late.....we're a lot more in control of games now & better adapt at coping with pressure from the opponent. So I feel we're making huge improvements.

Also very impressed with Torres, he was pretty much shit for the majority of the game but at the very least, he worked hard, kept going till the end and reaped the rewards from that effort. It would have been nice to see him applaud the away fans, who are continuously so supportive of him & chant his name every time but hats off to Hazard (and the others) for thanking the fans.

Effective football and clean sheets don't mean our style is inspiring and nice to watch, especially for neutrals.

In fact most of them say, and I agree, that with the talents we have, our style is rather pedestrian.

Of course winning ugly is better than losing with a style, but top teams usually manage both: winning and somewhat nice to watch football.

Pretty much agree. In all honesty, the passing worries me & it's not just a problem that pertains only to the double pivot.....the whole team's passing is very sloppy & below the standards of a top team. But I think you might be expecting too much. It's a gradual process, we've improved on our ball recovery & our defensive organization, yes we need to improve on our attack but it's all a process.

This is the first time since Carlo's last season that we're actually looking to finish the season with the same manager. The important thing now is that the team is looking like a solid unit, players understand what their roles and responsibilities are & there's actually a viable structure.

Those things need to be in place in order to play the kind of stylistic football that gets results. I feel we're moving in the right direction

The club now needs to do its own part by making funds available to Mourinho & giving him control over transfers so he can bring in the right players.

Hazard needs to stop passing and be more individual, that's the way to go if he wants to score more goals. he needs to take on players, he's the best dribbiler I've ever seen in my life.

Uhh... Theirs also that guy Messi.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...

Our movement without the ball has changed 360 degrees from what we've been seeing for the last few years. every player is trying to win the ball back; it's refreshing to see us pressuring teams and not letting them have their time build from the back.

Actually this style is what makes me feel most secure and what makes me believe we are in with a real chance in this race.

As good as Citys you shoot we shoot game can look on the eye sometimes the oppo will take more chances and City are not gret tactically under pellegrini which could come back to bite them with their big away games coming up.

ramires was anonymous the whole game, the least impressive player in blue ... torres was quite poor inspit of the goal.. we won any way and that tells a lot about the belive Jose instilled in the team, impressive :D

Jose really putting things in place and with time passing this team under Jose will be a very very strong team, last time I check we usually concede goal early in our pass matches but Jose fixed it and fans hardly talk about it because they are carried away with our win spree. Good work Jose glad you are back

Actually this style is what makes me feel most secure and what makes me believe we are in with a real chance in this race.

As good as Citys you shoot we shoot game can look on the eye sometimes the oppo will take more chances and City are not gret tactically under pellegrini which could come back to bite them with their big away games coming up.

I think the bolded part is arguable. There are a variation of ways a team can be great tactically. City under Pellegrini are brilliant offensively. Make no mistake. Their awareness of space, first touch and passing sequences, the way they constantly change their direction of play, their combinations, movement and overlapping runs......that's all tactics and Pellegrini's teams tend to be very intelligent in the way they attack.

Defensive solidity is a crucial factor in the game, but at the end day of the day what wins you games is dependant on how many times you get the ball into the net. City really don't have to work as hard as we do to win games.

I thought Cole had an excellent game. He started badly but used his experience very well to make up for the mismatch of pace between him and El Mohammady and once he got into the game he ended up making a couple of vital interventions (two crucial interceptions and an important block).

At the end of the day we're a better team than we've been in years imo. We're progressing right now and the prospects are good. I can see some serious evolution in the style, in the effectiveness, but also a lot of maturity, calm and patience when it's required. A lot of steps in the right direction and when we're finally the finished product I'm sure it'll be more beautiful and inspiring to watch. But then again that's my take of it. I'm not one of those people who's thirsty to see pretty, inspiring football by a team. I'm in for entertaining, good football with our players have a beautiful, inspiring moment a few times in the match. I'm here to be entertained by the match and many times I am without it being beautiful or inspiring. So at the end of the day it's how you approach the sport and what you expect from it. I've enjoyed a big deal our latest matches (before this one) and have been quite entertained by them, so I'm good with the team, the progress, the style, the evolution...

That is why I only complained about pivot... Which bothered you.
So I wonder..What moaning about pivot in the certain game has to do with the fact that it has been said thousand times before?
So has been that Torres is shit, and people are saying it tirelessly again and again.
Or that Hazard is great, such a amazing player, we all know it, but you read about it in every match thread. etc..
People's opinion about something depends on result or what one looks at the moment. And than he praises or blames whoever he holds responsible, regardless of how many time it has been said before.
I'm not naive to believe exciting and inspiring football will happen overnight. But I also don't think that high pressing game or brilliant defence are enough to move us in that direction. It will take more, much more, and I'm looking to see the rest.
I'm not thinking that pivot is the only improvement needed but having one playmaker would have help us a lot in this game or the others. During this transition.
Never mind, I want this club to match quality of football with spendings .It could only help in increasing fanbase, sale of kits, revenue etc.
In the short run three points are the most important. But in the long run style of football is important for this club's legacy, stature, even ability to become self sustainable .
@ The only place to be
Neutrals are potential fans or other football fans who don't support you but respect you nevertheless. I'm not neutral, but that doesn't mean their opinion doesn't matter.

Just got back. I will rely on you guys to tell me who played well and who played shit. I''m wrecked. What a day. Steve Bruce wanted points for the amount of times he put his hands in the air the wonky nosed shit bag.

WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE

Great away day from a drunk special Juan.