• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the title run in is over. Chelsea ended 3rd & won no trophies.

Under Jose the team was not playing well, especially games the bottom teams & played " parking the bus " in several games, Citeh, Liverpool, Arsenal just a few to mention here.

Should we be happy or even question Jose´s tactics? I believe, we should.

Ne sense to dwell on it now, but he must do much better next season & most of all start playing an offensive football.

The 5 points we dropped in the home games against Sunderland and Norwich would have been enough to secure us the title. How depressing is that?

It's even more depressing that you are reminding us about it...

Our team is either young and in-experienced, or experienced and not good enough anymore. Think we've had a great season to be honest, when was the last time we got to 80 points? 2010? That and a Champions League semi-final is a good season back for Jose.

Would like to see us bang in the goals next season and start smashing teams that park the bus :).

I don't really think the problem is with Jose's tactics. We need a good striker upfront who is reliable to play like that. After seeing how we started off against Hull, I truly believe we can achieve that level of football with Mourinho.

The stigma of 'parking the bus' is ridiculously overused when it comes to our play anyway. Other teams do it and noone bats an eyelash. It was individual errors and stupid referee decisions that cost us the title this season, and that's the reason why we've lost the title to the bottom half of the table. It's easy to blame tactics and lack of 'Plan B's' when the players themselves aren't doing their job of taking chances properly this season. Seriously, how many good chances have we blown time and time again because of bad decision-making and lack of killer instinct?

Some of it, I agree with, but there is a lot more to it. He had Manures on ropes, he ordered to play for a draw. He was not able to unlock defenses of several bottom teams. We will see next season, what exactly Jose is capable if he buys several more players.

The 5 points we dropped in the home games against Sunderland and Norwich would have been enough to secure us the title. How depressing is that?

I said so many times in this thread that 87 points will get us the title. So frustrating knowing I was right now :(

I don't think it's fair to just assume that he can't do it just by looking at one match against a particular team. I'm sure there were other factors to take in regarding his decisions, and even if that's true, I don't really think it mattered that much anyway. Why go in for the kill when you don't have to? He probably saw that Man U wouldn't be our rivals this season anyway. But you also can't forget that they have really good strikers who get goals. I agree that we should always try to play for the win...but do we really have to when we know that it's not worth it pulling out our neck like that?

And besides, with how he played against City in our 1-0 victory, I don't get how you can say that we don't do well under him offensively. Those are the matches where the motivation is high and players are eager to play. That's our plan 'A'. It's just unfortunate that the players don't look like they want to put that same effort in day in day out.

The question is not what´s fair what´s not.

Jose likes to play defensively. Therefore, I need to see if he adapts next season to bring Chelsea into more offensive football.

Roman did not hire him to park the bus.

The question is not what´s fair what´s not.

Jose likes to play defensively. Therefore, I need to see if he adapts next season to bring Chelsea into more offensive football.

Roman did not hire him to park the bus.

Your right, but he employed him to win things. If we win the quad by playing defensive football next season, do you think Roman will complain?

I highly doubt it.

That's what I'm trying to tell you, just because we're defensively good doesn't mean that we always aim to play defensively. Our defense outshines our attack, yes. But that's because our attack is outright dreadful at times! And that's why it seems like we're defensive-minded. Have you already forgotten that many of the matches we've played in, we've had most of the possession? There were a few special cases, but how can you expect us to play 'offensive' football when the attack is in shambles?

Again, that term. I've already told you, being defensive when you need to be is an advantage. Not realizing that is not appreciating half of football.

SHOTS on goal VERY high ,,, conversion rate terrible ,,, thats not being defensive it is wasteful in attacking

Your right, but he employed him to win things. If we win the quad by playing defensive football next season, do you think Roman will complain?

I highly doubt it.

Roman doesn´t want to see his team playing defensive football just to win. Mateo won, but was fired.

Was Roman then? No, he was not.